Topic Title: Need Windows 8 Driver for A8 6600K APU
Topic Summary: Mobo Triple-Display feature requires graphics card driver installe to function
Created On: 06/17/2013 03:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/17/2013 03:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
toby1
Peon

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4BIOS version F$ (latest available)Details: The motherboard has four integrated video connectors: Displa Port, HDMI Port, DVI-D Port, and D-Sub (vga/svga) Port. The mobo manual states that the mobo will support the following "Triple-Display" configurations: D-Sub + DVI-D + HDMI (this is the config I wish to use)DVI-D  HDMI + DisplayBut the manual also states the caveat, "Triple-display congurations are supported after you install motherboard drivers in in OS." However, I have already installed all of the drvers that came on the mobo driver CD. when that failed to activate the desired feature, I downloaded and installed all of the drivers for this mobo from Gigabyte's USA supprt site. Still no change.I should mention that there are no separate graphics divers for this modo, either on the CD or the website. Instead, Gigabye only provides a Chipset driver, which includes video support. But what the Chipset driver pacage actually installs for video is the AMD VISION Engine Control Center application, which only recognizes cominaions of two displays, either HDMI + Sub-D, or HDM + DVI-D, or DVI-D + Sub-D.Device Manager shows the Displa Adapter as "Radeon HD 8570D". I tried to locate Windows 8 64-bit drivers for either Radeon HD 8570D or A-series APU on AMD's website to no avail.Any advice or suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-------------------------

Edited: 06/17/2013 at 05:38 PM by toby1
 06/22/2013 09:16 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
loekf
Peon

Go here:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-6WINBetaDriver.aspx

You need this for Richland. 13.4 won't work properly.

AMD: please improve on where to find chipset and APU drivers.

Statistics
84742 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.