Topic Title: A8-5600K Intagrated Graphics not working
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/05/2013 09:25 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/05/2013 09:25 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Buradi
Peon

I have a A8-5600K on a Asrock FM2A75 Pro4 Mother board and when I connect a HDMI cable on my TV it doesnt detect anything I tryed the D-Sub output to a normal monitor and it doesnt work either. I have a pair of A8-5600k both on a Asrock FM2A75 Pro4 and none of them seem to work. I use Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 4GB CL9 on both with a 500W Power Suply and I dont fet any graphic output. This APu has intagrated graphics so I dont see what I am doing wrong. The sistem is working because all the fans are working and I dont hear any BIOS beep error message.

07/24/2013 02:00 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mr.generic.user
Peon

So far, this could be almost anything by the way you are describing it.  A quick lookup shows that CPU should be supported.  I don't know if that ram has been tested with this board though.

First clear your bios.  Doing this may cause the ram to run at lower / slower settings then it is rated for.  Sometimes some ram will not run at rated timings and frequencies with all hardware.  Also, sometimes a "bad" setting in the bios may be cleared up that has been preventing you from POSTing.

Second, try different ram.  Some ram simply doesn't like to work with some chipsets.  Make sure the ram you are using is not "Intel Optimized."  Sometimes memory optimized for Intel is too different from the general standard, and it won't work with AMD chipsets.  I have had this problem a couple of times.  I have also seen when one stick alone will work, but it will not work with two or more sticks.

Next, make sure your BIOS is up to date.  This may require temporary use of a different processor and ram.  If your bios is not up to date, it may not be able to correctly identify your processor, and may be halting to prevent damage.  If you do not know what you are doing, or do not have access to alternate hardware, ask a local computer shop to update the bios on the motherboard.

If you are not using the AMD CPU fan, or you are using aftermarket thermal paste, make sure you did not put too much.  I have found an amount about the size of a BB smeared evenly on the top of processor heatspreader to be more than enough.  The purpose of thermal paste is to fill in the microscopic imperfections in the heat spreader and the heatsink.  You really want the smallest amount necessary.  If too much is used, it can squeeze out and contact the pins or short the socket.  I have "fixed" many boards just by carefully cleaning the excess out from everywhere and appliing only the correct amount.

If you are unsure of your skills, or just want to make this process quicker, take your equipment up to the local computer shop and tell them your problem and that you want the bios updated.  They will likely test everything one at a time, then together.  It will probably cost about 1-2 hrs of labor, but if you are banging your head on a wall it could be worth it.

-------------------------

From a Tandy w/AMD 286/12mhz and 1MB ram to FX-8350 w/32GB ram.  I don't know everything by far, but I have probably forgot things you never knew.  Always happy to help, happy to be wrong, and happy to learn.

Statistics
80957 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.