Topic Title: Opteron X2150, where is it?
Topic Summary: Was this just a paper release? I cannot even find information on socket and compatible chipsets...
Created On: 07/23/2013 02:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/23/2013 02:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mr.generic.user
Peon

I am not attacking here, and I know news is faster than product, but the announcement was almost two months ago.  I am very interested in trying out this new product for home web and file servers.  After that, I had also wanted to maybe play with making low power clusters.

I have been trying to get actual (NOT MARKETING) information about this product since I first saw the announcement.  Will there be support for multiple processors per board?  What socket does it use?  What chipset, if any, does it use (inclusion of NB/SB on chip suggests it may not be needed as a separate component?)  I find nothing but the usual noob info about this product.

The only link I can find on AMD about possible purchase points to HP Moonshot.  Not paying $30k+ for a home unit for testing...  Especially not with proprietary software...

I do not intend to point fingers or blame, but it has seemed to me that communications have been worse since the new CEO took over.  The two may be unrelated, but it concerns me...

Any real information would be helpful, thankyou...

-------------------------

From a Tandy w/AMD 286/12mhz and 1MB ram to FX-8350 w/32GB ram.  I don't know everything by far, but I have probably forgot things you never knew.  Always happy to help, happy to be wrong, and happy to learn.

08/19/2013 12:22 AM

Author Icon
quillo
Peon

Hi all,

Joined the forum to get a bit more information about this product too. I have had a look around and can't find any mention of a release date, it seems to be implied by the AMD website that this product has already been released but seems to be completely unavailable for purchase.

Are there any known motherboard vendors? I would be particularly interested to see these in a mITX (or pITX) form factor to compete with the HP Small Business servers.

08/21/2013 01:51 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

If you reference the Opteron X-series APU Press Release information at http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-launches-the-2013may29.aspx, you will note the following line:

The AMD Opteron X2150 APU and X1150 CPU are generally available now for a cost of $99 and $64, respectively, in 1K quantities.  More information can be found on AMD’s web site.

So they are available, but not for individual purchase at this time, only in large quantities. These may be made available for individual purchase later on, but they are available now, but not in small numbers. You can obtain these by contacting your local AMD Embedded/Server distributor (www.amd.com/distributors).

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 09/05/2013 04:10 PM

Author Icon
Electronic_Pleasure
Peon

1000 unit purchase 999 unit sale on ebay

AMD A10 5800K
Biostar Hi-Fi A85S3
x2 4GB Ripjaw 1600's
OCz 240GB Vertex II SSD
X-Fi Titanium HD
AMD 7870 2GB

Acer W500 Windows8 Tablet AMD C50, 2GB, 32GB MicroSSD

AMD Phenom X2 Black Edition
4GB 1333mhz
500GB
Nforce 8200A AM3
Statistics
86434 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.