Topic Title: LG IPS234V-PN shuts off randomly because of apu drivers.
Topic Summary: My monitor goes black randomly, very often, while on desktop.
Created On: 07/26/2013 01:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/26/2013 01:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fabrizio89
Peon

The problem is that my monitor goes black randomly, like it reboots itself. It doesn't happen without drivers intalled.

I just tried to uninstall every driver I had, completely, tabula rasa. Then reinstalled them one by one and found out that my apu drivers are the problem. I don't know why when I uninstalled them the first time, the monitor continued to turn off and now it's ok... I'd say it's something with the drivers, I tried to set catalyst control center to default settings before but didn't change anything and then installing drivers without it. I tried to reinstall them without other drivers like HDMI port or the Drag&Drop thing, but nothing. The drivers themselves are conflicting with my monitor in some way.
I'm using a VGA cable, but I tried the monitor and the cable with my laptop and it works just fine.

It happens very often, always when I'm browsing or while I'm on the desktop. No problems while gaming or while watching videos in fullscreen.

Is it possible that power management options are conflicting in some way? I changed them to max performance for now, but nothing changed.

CPU: AMD APU A8-6600K <--- Apu drivers are the problem! Are 13.6 Beta the only drivers for this hardware?

Ram: 2x2GB Kingston Hyper 1866Mhz
Mobo: Asrock FM2A75-DGS
PSU: XFX 550W
Windows 7 32bit.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 07/26/2013 at 09:29 AM by Fabrizio89
 08/03/2013 10:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Fabrizio89
Peon

The new drivers 13.8 Beta seem to have resolved this issue. Thanks anyway.

Statistics
84181 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.