Topic Title: A10-6800k BSOD / Display driver has stopped responding and recovered.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/10/2013 03:30 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/10/2013 03:30 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
KaYaK
Peon

I recently built a PC with the 6800k Processor. I am using the APU as a GPU as well. When i start a game (immediately) it has a chance to crash, or as i join a server/start playing (slightly delayed), it it happens irregrually at times while i'm playing, but generally not. Generally the game just crashes with the "driver has stopped working and recovered" error, but about half the time it BSODs. 

I

-am not overclocking

-have monitored the temp of the processor and it doesn't get about 50 C 

-have 8GB of RAM (windows 7 using about 1.5, the games i've been trying about 2)

-went through all proper ESD procedure when installing

-tried MULTIPLE times unintsalling / reinstalling the drivers and CCC

The problem seems to happen after high CPU use and sudden GPU use. I dont understand it as i have seen plenty of youtube videos of the APU performing very well on high end games. When it doesn't crash, i can stay in game for about as long as i want, (until something new has to be loaded, like a map or restart) where i have a chance to crash, so i'm fairly sure it's not a heat problem.  The game also crashes arbitrarily when i open up software or am on the web (pretty much only when i open a new link/tab)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Statistics
84289 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.