Topic Title: AMD A8-5600K HDMI Failing on Windows 7
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/10/2013 09:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/10/2013 09:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jtoland2
Peon

I recently purchased an AMD A8-5600K to use with an ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M FM2 AMD motherboard within a new HTPC I'm building. The computer worked great when I connected it via VGA to an older monitor immediately after completing the build. Then, I moved it to my TV to connect the box via HDMI. When I did so, the HDMI connection was VERY reddish/brown-tinted and I'm unable to get any sound whatsoever. When I try this with a VGA cable from the box to my TV, it works fine and when I connect headphones or other speakers directly to the computer, the sound also works fine. This is on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I should also add that while restarting the machine, I did notice the colors are completely fine on the motherboard splash screen and "Starting Windows" splash -- the problems come up as soon as Windows loads. No over-clocking.

AMD Catalyst Driver Version
- V 8.0.915.0

Operating System
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Motherboard or System Make & Model
ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M FM2 AMD

Power Supply
-
Cooler Master i500 - 500W PS

- http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=10050&product_name=i500

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- SAMSUNG LCD TV with standard High Speed HDMI

Motherboard BIOS Version
- ASRock BIOS v2.60

System Memory Type & Amount
- G.SKILL RipJaws X Series 2 x 4GB 240-Pin DDR3

Additional Hardware
- Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/120G 2.5"

Additional Details

My first troubleshooting actions were to make sure I was fully updated with all my drivers, including the BIOS. I did so, installing the latest AMD Catalyst Control Center and drivers. This made no change.

I then tried different HDMI cables. I tried 3 different cables, all with the same result. I tried these same cables on other devices, and they all work fine.

Then, I tried various HDMI ports on my TV. Same result.

Finally, I actually uninstalled all AMD drivers and attempted to use Windows' "default" drivers. These worked and the colors were normal, though obviously the device was running at optimal graphics. (Though, I still couldn't get sound via HDMI).

Because I don't see problems with any other connection type and because I don't see these problems manifest themselves until Windows 7 loads with the "proper" drivers, I'm assuming these problems are due strictly with something about CCC and/or my AMD drivers with the HDMI connection. Any ideas or suggestions for fixing this? Could my APU be bad (I can return/exchange it if needbe)?

Thanks!

-Alex

Edited: 10/10/2013 at 10:09 AM by jtoland2
 10/10/2013 12:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WMudrockJr
Overclocker

I have sent a PM to kent@amd to see if can assist you. I have no experence with HMDI other than my kids xbox. Hopefully he will check this out.

-------------------------

AMD A10-5800K, XFX 7850 Ultra OC Edition 975MHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit, MSI 7778 motherboard, 500W PSU, HP P7-1235, CCC 13.12 WHQL

Statistics
87351 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.