Can't get windows to recognize the graphics portion of the APU, and can't get Catalyst to do any customization.
Nothing beyond the internal a10-6800k combined processor.
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
Tested with 13.4, 13.6, 13.8, 13.10. 13.8 and 13.10 have partial failures during installation.
- 64-bit; Windows Vista SP2
- Fresh build and install
- Windows fails to detect the graphics portion of the APU. It lists Standard VGA Graphics Adapter in the Device Manager under display adapters.
- On sucessful installs of Catalyst there are only four tabs on the left side of the screen and almost no user configurable options.
- On Unsucessful installs, attempting to run Catalyst brings up the error
"AMD Catalyst Control Center cannot be started.
There are currently no settings that can be configured using AMD Catalyst Control Center."
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- MSI Brand - FM2-A75MA-E35
- The board manufacturer has tested it with the A10-6800K, and it works with BIOS v. 2.0 or later. I am using BIOS v. 2.2
- Ultra 650 Watt ATX Power Supply
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- Acer 21.5'' LCD Monitor - model H213H
- Directly connect through a DVI cable attached from monitor to motherboard (remember no discrete graphics card).
- A10-6800K AMD A-Series APU, Black Edition
- No overclocking
Motherboard BIOS Version
- BIOS version 2.2
System Memory Type & Amount
- Spectek 8x2 MB (16MB total)
- 2 extra case fans
- Previously uninstalled all AMD software, Disabled virus checkers and windows update, rebooted, and installed Catalyst fresh. No improvement.
I would greatly appreciate any advice.