Topic Title: A10-6800K and 8670D running very slow
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/28/2013 10:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/28/2013 10:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Torran
Peon

After looking around for a suitable upgrade, I came across the combo of the A10-6800K and 8670K which seemed to be running games very well at very decent FPS compared to my old PC. I did some more looking around, and after confirming this combo was suitable for me, I purchased it.

It arrived a few days ago, and since it arrived I have been struggling to get it to run anything! According to 3DMark it is scoring lower than an Office PC, which is very disappointing considering the price I paid for this which was not far off what it would have cost me to build something I am certain would be able to run games at decent FPS.

Here is a 3DMark comparison, the one on the left is some random benchmark I found, and the one on the right is mine. As you can see the graphics score is miles apart, yet they both have the same graphics card and the same CPU: http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/624532/fs/1418324

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this is performing so badly after seeing how great it performed with games on YouTube and seeing other 3DMark benchmarks, thanks.

Some info:
I installed Windows 8.1 to begin with and that was equally bad, so I tried Windows 7.
As far as I know, I have the latest BIOS as I had to update to be able to allocate more memory to the graphics card.
This is a prebuilt PC which offers 2 games free (Farcry 3 Blood Dragon and SimCity) when you buy it, so it should be able to run them I would have thought? 

12/28/2013 06:35 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Thanny
Elite

There's definitely something very wrong with that.

Since it's a pre-built PC, it should have come with support, which you should avail yourself of.

Statistics
84124 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.