Topic Title: A10-7850k, error for purchasing this apu ?
Topic Summary: regrets ...
Created On: 01/23/2014 05:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/23/2014 05:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Shining
Peon

hello, i'm sorry for my english but i'm french then there is only World Wide Forum support, and i have some question.

I have bought this APU, but i dont know if it was a good idea.

I cant realy play just with APU, il got so much freeze i dont know why.

MOBO : Asus FM2+ A88X MA

APU A10-7850k Black Ed

8 Go G.skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz

550 Watt

HD Led Screen 24" 1920*1080 HDMI

so i dont know how dualgraphic works, it's only works with R7 graphic ?

I would like buy an R9 270x (Sapphire Toxic Ed), it's best or I should buy an R7 260x(asus DCU) ?

Or R9 270x Also works with an apu ? (dualgraphic i mean)

at the moment, i have bought this computer but i cant use it, it's so laggy, Diablo 3 got less than 30 FPS lowest quality (20-25 max)

League Of legend, i have played yesterday, and i lost a game because i got 1 FPS for 5 minutes, il dont know why.

I have Windows 7 64 bits with lastest Drivers (the only one for Kaveri APU), i think APU was a bad idea ...

and for finish, my bundle for Battlefield 4 (who was annouced by amd) is not including in my package, i dont know how to get BF4.

Sorry for my english, i'm french i hope u will understand my topic.

01/23/2014 10:17 AM

Author Icon
r
Nerfed

If you look at the other posts on this forum, everyone with that same motherboard is having the same issue with this APU.  AMD and ASUS have yet to acknowledge the issue.  Try using single channel memory for now.

As for dual graphics, the best card you can dual graphics with is the R7 250.  Anything above is NOT support.  Although, no one has tried an R7 260 (non-x) yet.

01/23/2014 04:13 PM

Author Icon
Dch48
Nerfed

If you really want to do gaming with a desktop system, an APU is really not the way to go. The best would be an FX series processor coupled with a single discrete graphics card. The APU's are great for laptops, not so much in a desktop intended for gaming. Even the new Kaveri ones are behind the FX CPU's.

-------------------------
HP Dv6-6140us Laptop, AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon HD 6620G graphics, 6 GB DDR3-1333 RAM.
 01/24/2014 02:55 AM

Author Icon
Shining
Peon

Originally posted by: r If you look at the other posts on this forum, everyone with that same motherboard is having the same issue with this APU.  AMD and ASUS have yet to acknowledge the issue.  Try using single channel memory for now.

As for dual graphics, the best card you can dual graphics with is the R7 250.  Anything above is NOT support.  Although, no one has tried an R7 260 (non-x) yet.

Also actualy i have 6Go ram but only 3.44 are able to be used. (W7 64 bits)

Why ?

i think i will change for intel PC.

02/14/2014 12:20 AM

Author Icon
lessmeat
Peon

I have Asus A55BM-E, a basic board and I also have lockup problem. Tried everything for 4 days already. Damit, the savings on AMD/Asus system costs me much more on the hours I have to spend on these faulty things. Uh! 

02/15/2014 07:01 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

I understand your frustration but this is not unusual for new hardware. If you go to the Intel forums you'll find people having the same issues with Intel hardware. Often the problem is the mobo BIOS is not 100% correct to match the new hardware.

As noted numerous people have had problems with the A10-7850K on Asus mobos but not so much on Gigabyte mobos. Pressuring Asus tech support is the way to get a fix as AMD can't fix Asus mobos or BIOS.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

Edited: 02/15/2014 at 07:16 PM by AMDforMe
Statistics
84883 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.