Topic Title: A10-7850K system monitor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/25/2014 01:58 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2014 01:58 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pharfar
Peon

I'm running my Kaveri on a Asus A88XM-PLUS motherboard / Win7. How can I get a read on CPU temp / APU load? AMD system monitor hasnt been updated for 2 years, Speedfan and Coretemp dont work with new APU's and AMD Overdrive just crashes my system.

I must say I'm not really impressed by the quality of drivers / software. It seems to me AMD launched an excellent product, but forgot about drivers and software.

01/25/2014 09:49 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Core Temp RC6 works on AMD APUs. If it doesn't work on Kaveri then you should report it to the author of Core Temp so it can be updated.

http://www.alcpu.com/forums/index.php?sid=59f6be00ed1a356f72f1d9ead117cfea

HWiNFO might also work. They have a list of AMD CPU/APUs listed on their website that their software works with and they update it frequently.

http://www.hwinfo.com/

With Kaveri being new and far more complex than past processors you should expect programs and drivers to take some time to be updated as necessary. AMD has no control over what other companies provide for drivers or software.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

01/26/2014 03:07 AM

Author Icon
pharfar
Peon

HWInfo did the trick. Thank you!

I disabled the nuvoton nct6791D sensor, as it didnt change CPU values at all.

Full load @ 10 mins: 71C. Nice :-) Running a Corsair H75 water cooler

01/26/2014 03:40 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Glad that HWiNFO workeed for you. The other programs might need to be updated for Kaveri?

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

Statistics
81019 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.