Topic Title: Possible fix for problems related to 7850k... or Asus A88XM MBs
Topic Summary: Switched motherboards, problems gone.
Created On: 02/28/2014 12:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2014 12:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Combat_Cowboy
Peon

I recently posted about having a problem detecting a second display.  Here's the build I had:

A10-7850k APU

Asus A88XM-A MB

2x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM

120 GB Kindston V300 SSD

CoolMax V400w PSU

PowerSpec Case

Installed Windows 7 with USB bootable drive and upgraded to 8.1

I went around and around with this build with no luck.  I spent time on the horn with Asus, AMD, and Microsoft about this issue.  I finally took the build back up to MicroCenter (where I bought most of the components) and decided to try a different motherboard.  I popped in a Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H board and problem solved.  It immediately detected multiple displays.  I have had no issues with the Catalyst drivers, the motherboard, or any other components since.  I'm sure Asus has made a decent motherboard in the past but seeing as how this was my first build and the frustration I experienced with this, I think I may stick with Gigabyte from here out.  Hope this helps someone out there who's pulling their hair out like I was, thinking it was a driver or a Windows issue.

02/28/2014 03:20 PM

Author Icon
r
Nerfed

^ i applied the same 'fix' as well.  I'm shocked that ASUS has not addressed this yet considering its affecting EVERYONE who uses the a10-7850k

02/28/2014 03:26 PM

Author Icon
AMDforMe
Farming Materials

Gigabyte has their issues also with VRM circuits that overheat and other issues. No one however should accept these defects and they should make it clear to the respective mobo maker why they returned the product and that they are not inclined to purchase the defective product brand in the future. Voting with your wallet can be very effective. There's absolutely no excuse for making consumers un-paid Beta testers for shoddy products rushed to market for quick profit - at consumer's expense.

-------------------------

Building a reliable PC involves more than just assembling the parts. You need to be able to configure all of the BIOS settings appropriately. This can be quite involved and frustrating as it can require a lot of trial and error with stress testing. It is however often the only means to get a 100% reliable PC.

Statistics
84183 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.