Topic Title: No HDMI with Catalyst?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/27/2014 04:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/27/2014 04:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Bui
Peon

Graphics Card
A10 7850K Kaveri Radeon APU

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
14.4. (Previously used 13.1 to 14.3.)

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Up to date

Issue Details

New built PC in Februrary, had no HDMI video and audio signal. Despite installing catalyst, the device manager primariy notified display adapters as 'VGA adapter' and in playback devices as a "Not Plugged In" status and I could not set changes or set defaults (options are grayed out). Note: DVI works either way.

After updating to 14.2-14.3 Catalyst and setting UEFI (Bios) on onboard devices realtek to disabled, I finally got full HDMI video and audio but it disabled other sound options direct from PC, such as headphone or speakers.

After Installing 14.4 Catalyst Beta, nothing changed and HDMI was fine although I wanted audio from PC. The UFEI also got an update that I flashed afterward which caused it to reset all memory and onboard device changes to its defaults. As expected, upon a restart I would lose HDMI video signal and hdmi audio. I restarted to go back into bios and re-adjust to my previous settings under the new bios version. However, I still had lost HDMI video and audio. After several reinstalls of drivers I found that disabling catalyst entirely (removing all related files to the AMD's catalyst using a utility software) would give me HDMI video but no audio (not plugged in status) as VGA adapter. Using catalyst would cause the video signal to be lost, even if I used any older version.

Motherboard or System Make & Model
A88XM-Plus

Power Supply

Corsair CS650M

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
Sony Bravia HDTV 32"
Benq RL2455HM 24"

Note: Only using one display at a time.

Applications and Games

None but I would like Chivalry to perform better

CPU Details

A10-7850k
Memory increased to 2133 and reduced timings, nothing extreme.

Motherboard BIOS Version
Version 1302

System Memory Type & Amount
G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC319200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-8GZH

Additional Hardware
1XCorsair 140mm fan.

Additional Details

HDMI works until post boot after windows logo loads.

I've done everything from full system recoveries, fresh installs, singled out different drivers, tested different cables, monitors, checked software and hardware.

I find there are many other forums that post with similar set ups with similar issues, overall I think there is a conflict between kaveri, catalyst and the asus motherboard but I have no idea what to do. It's not like the computer isn't operational but I would really like to have HDMI.

It's also a shame that I can't really play 1080p with kaveri either without low frames lol (any video card upgrade and oc timing suggestions would be great)

Other threads with similar issues: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=483&threadid=170996&highlight_key=y&keyword1=7850k%20hdmi

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=483&threadid=172001&highlight_key=y&keyword1=A88xm

05/07/2014 08:55 PM

Author Icon
juicebox
Peon

Hi, 

I'm having the same problem.  New 7850K in a new ASUS A88XM-Plus.

Also new Kingston DDR3 2400MHz RAM 2x4GB

Out of box i had no video output so had to use an old discreet card to updat BIOS

With BIOS updated and latest AMD APU drivers I can only use VGA.  No HDMI detected (including during POST and BIOS/UEFI).  

(no problems with HDMI cables or TV, worked flawless on old PC)

Will try your diabling the onboard audio and see if that makes the HDMI work.  Although, like you would prefer to have the onboard analogue audio rather than audio through HDMI

Seams to be a problem with Kaveri and HDMI... AMD silent on this issue?

05/08/2014 04:49 AM

Author Icon
Bui
Peon

Yeah, I've tried everything; it's an issue that's been ongoing for months with each beta of catalyst or whatever updates.

Statistics
84329 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.