Topic Title: ***solved***5800K BSOD after windows log in screen
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/28/2014 02:18 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/28/2014 02:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
dirkmagirk
Peon

I recently put together an APU system, and after an express install of the catalyst driver package, the system will BSOD after the windows log in screen. Without using a manual restore point, windows will not even boot in safe mode. This is all on a fresh, fully updated install of windows 7 home 64bit, with the 14.4 driver suite. nothing is installed on the system except for windows frame work and network drivers. The system specs are......

a10 5800k apu @ 3.8ghz w/ haltstate/amd coolnquiet enabled

a88x chipset

gigabyte ga-f2a88xm-d3h mobo

2x4gb gskill 1600 ripjaws X series w/xmp profile 1 enabled

ocz 700w psu(overkill but it was layin around)

1 7200rpm sata

I have tried a few times, once with the 13.2 drivers that came with the mobo cd, and 2 others with the 14.4 and different bios settings all with the same result. Is there one specific thing I shouldnt be installing in the driver package? Is the xmp profiles affecting it? Does the c1/c3, amd coolnquiet work on these APU's? Id just like to here from the community, I know there is still things I can try like disabling the power saving functions(rather not), disabling xmp but each time I change a setting and reinstall the drivers, and get the BSOD loop, I have to do a file check and a system restore, and start over which takes time with a crappy 7200rpm drive. I will check back here frequently so please help me out, and ask any question that will help you help me. HELP

Edited: 04/29/2014 at 01:33 AM by dirkmagirk
 04/28/2014 02:15 PM

Author Icon
dirkmagirk
Peon

So I tried a few more times last night, once with xmp disabled and all set to auto, and once with apu gfx forced with a 2gb ram setting, both with the same BSOD results.

04/29/2014 01:32 AM

Author Icon
dirkmagirk
Peon

Finally got it all working, and working really well, turned out to be the sata driver in the driver package. For some reason the driver does not like my old 7200rpm maxtor diamondmax 10 sata 1.5. But I installed all but that driver and it works like a champ. Now i guess id like anyone to tell me if there is an old amd driver i can use, or universal sata driver. But after all the trouble ive had, and time i spent,  its working I might just leave it.

Statistics
84727 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.