Topic Title: A8-6600k dual graphics with R7 250?
Topic Summary: Will it work
Created On: 04/30/2014 11:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/30/2014 11:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
viper37
Peon

Hi,

I'm  upgrading my office computers and I need a little boost from the integrated GPU in the A8-6600k.  I currently have a FX-4100 with a Radeon 7750HD and it's barely enough.

So, if I buy a A8-6600k, wich has 8570D has integrated GPU and I combine it with XFX R7-250A-ZLH4 Radeon R7 250A (passive cooling), will I be able to use AMD dual graphics with this rig or do I absolutely need one of the newer A10 for it to work?

05/16/2014 11:24 PM

Author Icon
Darth Revan
Nerfed

If it's for office work (cadding, graphics design) or something like that, anything that is not gaming, dual graphics is not for you. Programs that are not games will not take advantage of dual graphics. What is the work on the computer that you do? Tell us and maybe we can advise a better upgrade.

05/19/2014 04:10 PM

Author Icon
viper37
Peon

The only stuff that is remotely graphic intensive:
- Google Maps

- Viewing construction plans in PDF and DWG/DWF format

- Editing PDF

- Viewing videos either on Youtube like sites, or pre-recorded on AVI format.

There is absolutely zero gaming on these two computers (identical setups)

On my older Radeon 5570, it used to be really slow to refresh the screen when viewing a design in PDF format.  Even trying to use Google Map or Google Earth was pointless, I had to upgrade it to a 7750 to get decent speed, and even there, it ain't that fast.

I thought the combination of the two GPUs would give me even more speed, but I'll simply use the discrete video card then.  I wish that was clearer on AMD's site that it's only useful for gaming.

05/19/2014 06:27 PM

Author Icon
Darth Revan
Nerfed

Something's wrong if a 7750 can't read a pdf file without slowing down. Check if the computers are properly maintained (defrag, registry,etc). Especially check for a botnet mining virus, because those slow the gpu down a lot. How long since the last defrag? Are all drivers up to date? Your hardware should be good enough for what you are doing, this is very strange.

05/20/2014 10:51 AM

Author Icon
viper37
Peon

There were viruses on the computer, that's true, maybe that was that.

And there's also an unidentified problem with the motherboard that I just discovered, but now they're all clean of infections.  Haven't had time to work on plans yet, I'll check later, thanks.

Statistics
87542 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.