Topic Title: A10-7850k In game artifacts/stuttering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/02/2014 12:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/02/2014 12:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
wolfemane
Peon

Graphics Card
Onboard R7

AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
14.4 installed on a fresh install of a new PC

Operating System
Windows 8.1 64bit

Issue Details
I'm getting artifacts and sever stuttering when playing games.  I'm currently trying to get Warframe running.  The ingame fps shows I'm running about 45fps, but I'm getting terrible artiacts, and every 2 - 3 seconds I'm getting a game stopping stutter that lasts 1/4 second or so.  I've run 3dmark vantage and 3d mark 11 and get similar issues.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+ / FM2 AMD A88x

Power Supply

Antec BP550 Plus 550w

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

Panasonic 65" Plasma.  PC Connected through HDMI

Applications and Games

WarFrame

3DMark Vantage

3Dmark 11

CPU Details
A10-7850k @ stock speeds with stock fan.  Temps rarely exceed 50c

Motherboard BIOS Version
2.10 current

System Memory Type & Amount
g.skill DDR3 2133

Additional Hardware
ADATA 128gig SSD boot drive, seagate 3TB backup drive.  2 case fans, front intake, rear exhaust.  Everything is setup in a BitPenix Prodigy ITX case.

Additional Details
This is a brand new system.  Computer was built on tuesday, OS was installed Wednesday, 8.1 windows update installed thursday along with all current device drivers available.  This is a brand new system, and my first AMD/APU build.  I'm more used to building systems with dedicated video cards and intel chips :/ Processor hasn't even been running for 48 hours.  I don't seem to have any problems with HD video.  Netflix streams in HD pretty good and all my digital movies play quit well.  It seems the only issue I am having is with the onboard video.  I know a couple people who have the A10 chip just under this with half the ram and 5400rpm HDD's running warframe @ 1920x1080 at low settings with a solid 25fps.  I don't quit understand what I am missing here.  

This system wasn't built to play games, but I've added specific hardware in case I want to do some basic gaming down the line.  The fast ram, and the R7 onboard vid card should be more than enough to play most games at low quality @720p gaming without any issues.  Any help to resolve these artifacts would be great.  I can't believe that its a bad chip.

Statistics
86418 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.