Topic Title: AM1 Drivers & FM2 Chipset Question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/07/2014 08:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/07/2014 08:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
smuggly
Peon

The new 25 w APU Athlons. Are they A series or? You need this info to download the drivers.

Also the FM2+ chipset drivers are merged these days with the drivers. When i update should I just update the video driver when updating. or do like useual the express option ?  which uninstalls the chipset sbv...As you can see it brings up confusion.

Thanks smuggly

-------------------------

Thanks Smuggly

06/08/2014 03:30 AM

Author Icon
mnajmi81
Peon

Those new Kabini APUs, so it is not Kaveri. as stated in AMD's brochures. You can use the current Catalyst drivers. Lack of hUMA and HSA. but it does come with nice GCN IGP (R3 2xx).

Good article to read:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/7933/the-desktop-kabini-review-part-1-athlon-5350-am1

The Southbridge drivers packages are included in Catalyst installation package, except for fixed 14.4 version. Since it has issues with the SATA/RAID/AHCI; driver installation, which currently in separate packages.

The new Catalyst 14.4 or beta 14.6 are missing the HSA driver for Kaveri APU (which is available in 13.3xx for Kaveri). You can update the driver on top of the previous version. However, the recommended way is to uninstall the older one first, via Control Panel (this forum does not recommend AMD uninstall though).

Edited: 06/08/2014 at 03:46 AM by mnajmi81
 06/22/2014 01:46 AM

Author Icon
smuggly
Peon

Really what I Mean is.. When I get A Gigabyte board it comes with the chipset & video drivers for the APU/Board in the same file. When I update with A Downloaded file From AMD Website If I use the Express Uninstall ( Before I Update) It Uninstalls Everything. So How Should I Do This?  When I update With The New File I will Be Missing My Chipset Drivers. So Should I Do Just CCC & The Video Driver Only?Thanks...

Thanks Smuggly

06/22/2014 02:13 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

To install new AMD graphics drivers:

1. IMPORTANT: All Windows Updates should be current, including the 'optional/suggested' updates
2. IMPORTANT: Disable all anti-virus/ad blockers/anti-malware/ anti-anything before trying to install
3. IMPORTANT: Netframework is required and must be the latest version. (from Windows Update)

Create a system restore point before, just in case.

Download the drivers for your computer to the desktop. Follow steps 1-5 ( http://support.amd.com/en-us/download ).
 Do not use 'auto-detect and install.

Delete existing drivers from your computer:

In computer control panel select 'uninstall a program'

For computers with Intel processors:
Select AMD install manager and choose 'express uninstall all AMD software'
Including the install manager.

For computers with AMD processors:
Select AMD install manager and 'custom uninstall' the graphics drivers and CCC only.

Reboot

Install the new driver suite.

Reboot

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

07/06/2014 09:18 AM

Author Icon
smuggly
Peon

Great Advise. Wasn't sure about it. Thanks A Bunch..

Thanks Smuggly

Statistics
85513 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.