Topic Title: Z-fighting/flickering Dota 2 on HD 7660D (A10-5800K)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/17/2014 07:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/17/2014 07:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
iceinaglass
Peon

The flickering started sometime after the last two patches prior to the recent one. I was able to play at highest settings with no problem but now i'm seeing this annoying flickering whenever i play dota 2. I searched youtube for similar issues in dota 2 but found none but it looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG8v1P850ak

but mine is not as bad as what is shown in this video and it's not really bothering me at all. they looked like rectangles or squares flashing in a split of a second but as i said it's no big deal.. they don't interfere with the textures or rendering it's just that they seem to appear good enough to capture your attention that there's some square/rectangle thingy that just flickered over there!

i found, however, that other AMD 7xxx series gpus are experiencing this and surprisingly, even the more powerful HD 7950 while playing LoL! yea that's right LoL! lol.. and we all know how graphically-intensive LoL is..

here's the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y11x60SdL8Y

i have the latest 14.4 catalyst drivers installed for my iGPU HD 7660D (which i got brand new and its only a couple of weeks old) and i dont know what to do .. maybe ill just wait for the next catalyst version which is still beta version.. 

I'd appreciate if you share your input regarding this

thanks

My rig:

a10-5800k

f2a85-m le asus mobo

500 gb seagate HDD

DVD rewriter samsung

2x4gb kingston hyperx 1600 mhz

silverstone strider 600 w PSU

2x80mm fans

Statistics
86516 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.