Topic Title: Where are the Opteron X Series CPUs?
Topic Summary: The Opteron X2150 & X1150 processors were launched May 2013, but you still can't buy them.
Created On: 08/03/2014 01:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/03/2014 01:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HK45
Peon

I am looking for low power (i.e., low TDP) CPU for a home NAS server (kind of like this guy, and others). I will not use Intel products, so that leaves me with AMD.

Kabini chips seem really good for my purposes, except that there are no motherboards available with support for ECC RAM. With the right ASUS motherboard, and an FX chip, I can use ECC RAM. Of course this increases the TDP/wattage of the system, which is not desirable to me at all. In short, I want a low TDP processor with ECC RAM.

This leads to the Opteron X2150 and X1150 processors. In particular, the X1150 seems perfectly suited for the task at hand. The only trouble is that it looks like their launch was vapourware, and nothing more. Does anyone here know if they are even in the pipeline, and if so, when can we expect to be able to purchase them?

08/04/2014 04:42 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
HK45
Peon

I guess this answers my questions.

Statistics
85573 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.