Topic Title: Stereo Synchronization problem using FirePro cards and S400
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/18/2013 10:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/18/2013 10:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
giova984
Peon

Hi All,

My configuration is composed by 5 Workstation, using a FirePro V7900 and a FirePro S400 each.

Each workstation is connected to 4 projectors (arranged using Eyefinity) running at 120hz.

Alle S400 cards are connected to each other using Ethernet Cables and configured like a chain.

An Optoma RF emitter is connected to the Workstation configured as Sync server to use shutter glasses.

I'm using the driver version 9.003.3-121120a-150766C-Retail (tested even with two previous versions).

The problem is that running a Stereo application,  frames between cards are not synchronized to eye:

All projectors connected to the same card are perfectly synchronized, but the synchronization between workstation doesn'y work well (Right/Left Eyes between workstations can be swapped).

After the application is started, the synchronization is mantained, but images concerning Right/Left eyes are swapped.

Every time an application starts, the Right/Left eyes configuration between workstations is random, but is mantained during the running.
The configuration of synchronization chain is good (because when it's not active I can see wrong colors using shutter glasses).

(The workstaion running as Server is always correct).

Tests are made using an OpenGL application which clears a windows using blue for GL_BACK_LEFT and red for GL_BACK_RIGHT, so using shutter glasses I can see the synchronization,

Is there a reason for this behaviour? What's wrong?

Thanks
Best Regards
Giova.

04/04/2013 12:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
giova984
Peon

up!

Statistics
84965 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.