Topic Title: ATI FirePro V5800 (FireGL) - new driver couse PC restart
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/27/2013 07:13 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/27/2013 07:13 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Lubopp
Peon

A nice day to everybody,

I have problem (for a half year| with graphic driver updating. Several month ago, my workstation became instabile. After starting PC, automaticaly restarted several time, about 10 times. Only the one what helped me, was to uninstall actual graphic driver and instal original, from CD I get together with graphics card (july 2010). The version of driver which work properly is 8.701.1.3000, dated to 2.june 2010. But when I bought FirePro V5800, I practically did not use this driver, I updated driver imediately and everything was working without problems for about 2 years...

Today I tried to update driver to last version. I hoped that previous drivers was incorrect, and the new one will work properly. No, it do not work properly...I had to install driver from 2100 year again, to be able to use PC...

Thank you in advance for your advice.

MB Gogabyte, CPU Intel Core 2Quad Q9450, 2,66GHz, 4GB RAM, WXP SP3, 32bit,

04/17/2013 09:09 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

The vast majority of the forum community is most knowledgeable with AMD's Radeon graphics products, and not the workstation (FirePRO) side of the business.

You may find better luck contact AMD's Customer Care directly.  You can create an e-Ticket or call. 
http://www.amd.com/us/aboutamd/contact-us/Pages/contact-us.aspx

Beyond that, I would suggest a thorough uninstall, as per the uninstall steps found in the How-TO/FAQ Category.
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=444&threadid=162444&enterthread=y

If that does not work for you, I would consider it is time to reformat the system.  If it worked in the past, and now your system is rebooting constantly after updating it really speaks to a system that is as you say, 'not stable'.  Something with the OS itself could definitely be corrupt preventing driver installs from working correctly.

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

04/18/2013 01:04 PM

Author Icon
Lubopp
Peon

Hello Marc,

thank you for advice. I used driver sweeper and then installed newer driver. Machine is working...

Thanks

Statistics
87439 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.