Topic Title: Display Flickering: Dell M4600 AMD Firepro 5950 Docking Station Dual Dell U2312HM
Topic Summary: One of two external displays is intermittantly flickering
Created On: 04/26/2013 09:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/26/2013 09:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
darylm
Peon

Sorry for crossposting, but I didn't get any replies from AMD Graphics group.

I have a Dell M4600 laptop with AMD Firepro 5950, a Dell Advanced Docking Station and Dual Dell U2312HM displays connected using DisplayPort. OS is windows 7 pro x64, updated. Driver is 9.003.3 from AMD website. Originally, I had only one external display and there were no problems. Recently I got a second external display and now I'm experiencing flickering of one unit. When I switch the displays, the problem stays with the port, so the displays seem not to be the problem. The problem seems worse after resuming from power conservation mode, but it sometimes happens after being used for a while as well. Sometimes, if I turn off the external displays and turn them back on, the problem goes away for a while. I tried running the hardware diagnostics. It will only test the main laptop display and one external display at a time, but there is not an obvious problem. Is there a fix for this? Any suggestions to determine the cause?

Statistics
84154 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.