Topic Title: Utilizing Two AMD FireProtm W600
Topic Summary: A few inquiries
Created On: 05/28/2013 10:40 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/28/2013 10:40 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
richzinom
Peon

First off can two of these cards work easily in tandem with one another? Creating an extended display across a matrix of 4x3 screens?

What type of software is used to extend the display? Can pictures and videos be set up to play across all screens easily?

What would the minimum system requirements be for this type of system?

I have been placed in charge of building a video wall here at my office, and I'm thinking one of the cheaper ways is to build my own desktop capable of managing anywhere from 9-12 screens.

Thanks!

07/12/2013 10:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

If you're using multiple W600s, you can have 12 monitors all at once, you just can't create an Eyefinity grouping of all 12 monitors (so that you have 1 massive screen made up of 12 monitors). You can definitely extend to all 12 though and this can be done through the Catalyst Pro Control Center (which comes with the drivers), you just need 2 PCIe x16 slots (2.0 or 3.0), a 500W or higher Power Supply, and either direct Mini DIsplayPort-to-DisplayPort connections for the monitors, or that you utilize at least 4 active adapters from www.amd.com/dongles for each card (so 2 passive per card max).

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
88940 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.