Topic Title: Both monitors showing same display
Topic Summary: Same image on two monitors
Created On: 06/18/2013 10:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/18/2013 10:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pbjork
Peon

I have a client that has an HP Z400 workstation that has a ATI Firepro V5800 graphics card in a Windows 7 machine. Both monitors were working fine and the display was set to Extend these displays. The user ran some Windows updates and now it acts like there is only one monitor but puts the display on both. I mean the display on monitor two is the exact same as monitor one.

Only one monitor shows up under display. Nothing happens when I click on Detect. When I click on Identify it puts a 1 on both monitors.

I have unistalled the Windows updates and completely uninstalled all AMD drivers and software. When I reboot and it comes up with the default Windows drivers it still acts like they are both one monitor. I am really confused and don't know how to fix this.

The first monitor is plugged into the HDMI port on the graphics card. The 2nd monitor is plugged into one of the DVI outputs.

In Device Manager there is a yellow triangle next to ATI FirePro V5800(FireGL V) under Display adapters. The properties of that has a Device status of Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (Code 37) 

Please help.

-------------------------
Pat Bjork
 07/12/2013 10:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

If Windows can't initialize the driver, it will just use its own generic drivers, which will limit performance as well as your multi-monitor capabilities. Have the user run Windows Update manually and keep checking for updates until it comes up as completely up to date. Then download the latest FirePro drivers from www.amd.com/drivers and after choosing your language, do Uninstall->Express. Let it run through, restart and run the file again, choosing Install->Express this time. Restart again when it's all done, and Windows should be able to use the driver correctly, and you can extend the monitors in the Catalyst Pro Control Center once the drivers are being used correctly. Good luck!

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
84257 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.