Topic Title: AMD FirePro v3900 rendering .NET 4.0
Topic Summary: Renders graphics poorly
Created On: 08/15/2013 04:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/15/2013 04:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Azurkan
Peon

So I am designing a WPF application using .NET Framework 4.0 that is very graphic intensive.  When I moved from my MSI video card to the AMD FirePro my graphics rendering was poor quality at best.  Sliders looked jagged, buttons looked crooked, and text was unreadable at points.  I had submitted a ticket with Microsoft to find out if there was an issue with graphics rending with .NET 4.0 and their responce was to contact AMD because the issue was not on their end.

"You could work directly with AMD, since I’m pretty sure they would be very interested once you demonstrate that the problem is unique to this GPU" - David Wooden (Microsoft Support)

I was curious to know if AMD was doing something different that did not support applications that were designed in older .NET Frameworks which would cause their graphics cards to not render correctly.  Also if someone would help me figure out what it is I can do to fix this issue.

NOTE: updating to .NET 4.5 is not an option as the project was designed in 4.0 and updating to 4.5 would cause problems as well as extend the projects developement time. 

08/16/2013 04:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

We did get your Service Request with the same information. Our support team should be in contact with you shortly regarding this issue.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
85447 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.