Topic Title: 10 bit on W7000/Dell U3014 doesnt work on win7 64 ultim?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/27/2013 08:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/27/2013 08:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
vonPIXEL
Peon

Greetings from Brazil!

The begin:

I just build my PC with a AMD W7000, Dell Ultrasharp U3014 and win 7 64bits ultimate. This OS instalation has all the updates and I have the latest Catalyst Driver too.

- I connect on the monitor the cable that have the mini Displayport and in the W7000 the standart Displayport (bigger)

- I already set the "ENABLE 10 bit format" on Catalyst driver.

- In Dell Ultrasharp I set too, the preset Adobe RGB color space AND enable the displaypor 1.2.

- the software that I use to check the 10 bit feature is the Photoshop CC (updated) and check there the option "Enable 30 bit support monitor".

So, I download the RAMP.psd file and yes, I really see the banding on the grays, very clearly. I supose that the 10 bits wasnt working despite my efforts..

Any advices?

There are some way to chec if the cable (Mini DP to DP)could be the guilt part? BTW soon I plug this cable, I get the full resolution (2560x1980) on my dell monitor and show a msg from OS that recognize the audio feature from my monitor (just because this cable)....

PS: is VERY hard to get another Displayport cable here in Brazil, I buy one and my Dell even turn on!

Thanks in advance.

Adriano

09/09/2013 02:38 AM

Author Icon
Pictus
Peon

Hi,

Looks like it is only working in CS6

Check at   http://goo.gl/1myoL7   and   http://goo.gl/0nvAJ0

Edited: 09/09/2013 at 02:44 AM by Pictus
 09/09/2013 11:34 AM

Author Icon
Farhad@AMD
Nerfed

It seems to be an Adobe issue. I suggest you keep calling Adobe and complain about it. We are investigating it on our side as well.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

09/09/2013 02:57 PM

Author Icon
Pictus
Peon

Hi Farhad,

Thanks for replying, you are the same guy who posted at http://goo.gl/1myoL7 ?

Anyway something comes to mind, have you tried to RESET Photoshop?

http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-reset-photoshop-to-default-settings/

Many, many times this fix Photoshop problems, anyway will have to enable

30-bit again after the reset, I can not test my self as do not have a FirePro/Quadro yet...

I was planing to buy a FirePro W5000(for Photoshop CC) just for the 30-bit thing...

09/27/2013 04:38 PM

Author Icon
Farhad@AMD
Nerfed

This issue is being investigated by Adobe and AMD.

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

10/10/2013 11:36 AM

Author Icon
Pictus
Peon

Thank you, good to know that AMD and Adobe are investigating the problem.
Let's hope they catch the "Gremlin" soon...

12/12/2013 01:07 PM

Author Icon
Satyajit
Peon

Hi,

I am in same boat.

Pls. let me know what are the timelines to get this issue resolve, can you share a tracking no for this issue ?

I need 10bit workflow and I bought W5000 explicitly for that. If this is not going to work any time soon, pls. let us know. I would like to RMA my W5000 while I can.

I am also asking Adobe the same question.

12/31/2013 07:00 PM

Author Icon
peegeenyc
Peon

I have 10 bits working on my W5000 and Windows 8.1/64, with Photoshop CS6.   I am on an NEC Spectraview 10bit monitor however.

If you make the 10bit checker gradient, and view in PS6, you will see it showing 8bit steps briefly when you open it, then it smooths in a micro-second. Grab it and move it, same thing. Seems it takes a nano-second for the 10 bit AFRC to kick in.

This link is a good check of procedure.

Statistics
85380 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.