Topic Title: Is it possible to run two different Graphics card seperatly but in the same machine
Topic Summary: Can I run two cards and selectively shut one off?
Created On: 09/05/2013 07:43 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2013 07:43 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rak27
Peon

I own a Saphire 7970 HD at the momet in my i7 4770k on a z87 g45 mobo and will soon be getting into CAD programs regularly,  What I am wondering is can I have two cards in the same machine? (mine plus a firepro v5000) I have no need to run them at the same time but I would like to avoid continually haveing to go into the mobo and manually swap cards everytime I want to switch applications.  thanks 

09/06/2013 03:07 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

You can have 2 cards in the same machine, but you can't use non-compatible cards at the same time.

IE You can have a Dual Boot system, one partition has the FirePro installed and the Radeon disabled, the other partition has the FirePro disabled and Radeon installed. This would definitely be the easiest way to go, since you disabling it in Windows should prevent it from trying to use it. The big thing is that you'll have to swap monitors if you only have one, but it saves swapping cards out for sure. Otherwise you're doing driver uninstall/reinstalls all the time.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 10/16/2013 02:09 PM

Author Icon
pringleman
Peon

I've got an NIVIDA 7600 functioning as GC for the monitor ports that "should" work on my W7000 but don't with my LCD and one samsung monitor.

It was mixture of messing about with different drivers and it's not solid but it's work around. It can be done.

Statistics
88860 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.