Topic Title: W7000 Firepro...Doesn't work as it should
Topic Summary: W7000 monitor out puts
Created On: 09/17/2013 02:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2013 02:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
pringleman
Peon

hi guys,

Hopefully someone can share some light on this.. after saving up for a year i've finally got the firepro w7000 and it doesn't work, is being difficult, unexpectedly proving itself useless to the point where I will have to buy quadro again.

There seems not to be any topics on this around the web. So out of 3 monitors I can only get one to work.

I have tried connecting 3 monitors to the 7000 via passive and active display to DVI adapters.

I get no response from my older samsung 22" which is not HD.

My 1080p samsung 23" is the only one which always brings up an image whether passive or active adapter is used

Now my 1080p 40" Toshiba plasma was not getting a 1080p signal with the passive adapter so I bought an active adapter after being told by AMD that when using more than 2 monitors etc. active adapter is needed.

I was getting a lesser resolution on the toshiba but not full, it was barely working sometimes when it wanted to when that was the case.

So the active adapter came and it's at full res on the toshiba but now the screen blinks on and off.

So I thought for now at least I can get away with using my old nvidia 7600 for the last two out puts and use one screen on the firepro but the Firepro is now clashing with the 7600 causing video on those screens to be jerky.

Now to let you know this card was out of a dell workstation if that matters.

I am now using it in a fx8350/ gigabyte machine.

Are there any solutions apart from upgrade all my monitors to the latest which isn't going to happen?

. Honestly I have been so excited to get this card and it's just a let down at the moment.

thanks

Statistics
88750 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.