Topic Title: W5000 warranty and rma question
Topic Summary: Fan issue on new W5000
Created On: 12/09/2013 04:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/09/2013 04:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kororo
Peon

Hi, I am just wondering about where to go regarding a W5000 I just bought in Australia by a special order with a fan that has a totally irritating buzzing like an insect which is louder than 3 12cm case and one CPU fan combined. I am sure this is not normal, but the after sales support I am getting is totally hideous considering the price of workstation cards down here.

I have submitted a request to AMD/ATI and 5 days later still got no response. It is a Sapphire card sold through a local distributor who seemingly imported it from Sapphire Hong Kong and their attitude has been to tell me to contact SapphirePGS who completely ignored anything I said in the reply and basically gave me the "fans make a noise" response.

I am just wondering if this is normal for after sales support on a brand new purchase? I chose ATI cause I am a bit weary with Nvidia and what seemed like underperforming products currently in comparison at this pricepoint. I appreciate if I was in the USA I would probably get a much better response, but is this the way ATI wants to win back workstation graphics business? I know a lot of people in the Australian 3D industry and this is not a winning formula.

If anyone has had a similar experience with the W5000 fan and knows this nasty buzz to be a normal "feature" (I did find another post here and on Newegg suggesting this is an issue) or has any idea how in hell I can get a replacement without being told to suck it up, I'd really appreciate a response.

12/13/2013 05:50 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Leonona
Peon

Did you use the workstation warrenty service when contacting AMD? If you can't get a response out of them that way, thay have a support phone number for Australia on this page you can try.

Statistics
87583 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.