Topic Title: W5000 problem arranging 5 screens, 2 on top, 3 on bottom
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/15/2013 03:20 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/15/2013 03:20 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mattt
Peon

I am running Windows 7, with one graphics card (Sapphire AMD FirePro W5000), running 5 monitors in a physical configuration of 2 on the top row and 3 on the bottom, but whenever I try and rearrange them either via the Windows "screen resolution" screen, or the AMD Catalyst Pro Control Center, I just get a bunch of screen flickering while it tries to accept the layout, then a bunch more while it changes them to all be on one horizontal line. 

Driver details: 
Driver Packaging Version: 12.104.2-130529a-158352C-Retail
2D Driver Version: 8.01.01.1295
OpenGL Version: 6.14.10.12338
Catalyst Pro Control Center Version: 2013.0530.352.5022

The graphics card has 3 outputs, 1 DVI and 2 DisplayPort 1.2. I've got a Club SenseVision MST Hub in one of the DP outputs that lets me run three displays off that port.

It's taken a bit of mucking around with active and passive adapters to get a picture on all the screens (I was trying to use some Dynamix active DP to HDMI adapters which were hopeless and didn't work). 
I started with no MST and just tried to get three screens working off the W5000, and then found out about the Windows 7 only-two-legacy-cables limitation and got around that with an active adapter. 
Then when the MST arrived, found that it didn't require active adapters - passives seem to work fine (I think the hub itself must be active).

I can arrange them in one line vertically and if I unplug one I can arrange them in a 2x2 square, but pretty much any other shape (L, 3 on top 2 on bottom, 2x2 with one extra off side, all just get reset to one line. Even just moving one of the screens in the line, up a bit gets reset. 

Is this a driver issue? I've tried 3rd party multi-monitor software like UltraMon and Actual Multiple Monitors, but they are all just layers over the top it seems.

12/24/2013 03:56 PM

Author Icon
displaygenie98
Peon

Bump!  Having the same issue here with 4 displays on Windows 7 using a W7000 card.  I have three monitors on the bottom and one above the center monitor (4 total).

All monitors are DVI.  Two are using passive DP to DVI cables and the center two are using Active DP to DVI adapter with DVI cable.

All monitors work fine but the layout manager (both Catalyst and Windows native) do not allow me to save a layout with monitors not in a straight row.  Each time it reverts after a screen flash or two.

05/05/2014 04:29 PM

Author Icon
contrails
Peon

Bump!

having the same issue with Radeon HD 7700 both catalyst and windows unable to arrange my 4 monitors to be 3 bottom, 1 top

ANy fixes guys?

Statistics
84110 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.