Topic Title: ccc & mobility radeon driver for mobile firepro?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/26/2014 04:34 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/26/2014 04:34 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
necrophyte
Peon

i am thinking about getting a mobile workstation soon, preferably with an amd firepro gpu (since they dont have radeon gpus) over an nvidia quadro.

but apart from regular office usage, id only like to game on it sometimes, but this really on an enthusiast level, ie. popular & newest titles preferably maxed. since i am bound to these notebooks and need their other features, i cannot just get an ordinary gaming laptop, since they lack these.

however firepro gpus arent meant for gaming and neither achieve adequate performances compared to their radeon counterparts, which is mainly because of their drivers using them differently.

so i wanted to know whether it is still possible (used to be during the radeon hd2000 time) to install mobility radeon catalyst drivers & ccc for them (by making the driver think it is its radeon counterpart by modifying its dev id/ati2mtag_r## in the inf), making use of the hardware as it were a real radeon gpu?

anyone tried it, or an amd employee knows about it?

is the performance comparable to the radeon counterpart if using a radeon driver, or much worse (or even better)?

thanks

Statistics
80937 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.