Topic Title: Dual Monitors and FirePro V5800
Topic Summary: How to set up
Created On: 04/01/2014 10:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/01/2014 10:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
LRAraiza
Peon

Have installed a FirePro V5800 on a Dell computer. Installed the drivers and all and works fine with a single DVI monitor connected. However I need to setup dual monitors. If I use a Y cable one of two things happen, either both screens are black or both screens show the same desktop. Running Windows 7 Pro.  Question is, how/where do I set it up so that I can have two monitors and two seperate screens so I can have Solid Works open on one screen and maybe an Excel file or Word doc or even AutoCad open on the other.

04/02/2014 05:57 AM

Author Icon
Jamil
Peon

Don't use a Y cable at all, since a Y cable takes output from one connector and splits the same output to two.  This card has multiple connectors that each operate on its own.  Use one for one screen, and a second unused one for the other.

It looks like different versions of this card have different connectors. Some have DVI only connectors (at least two), and another I saw has one DVI and two display port connectors. If you have the DVI + display port version, get yourself a display port to DVI (or display port to VGA if needed) cable instead of trying to use a Y cable.

04/02/2014 08:41 AM

Author Icon
LRAraiza
Peon

Thanks a lot. That did it.  We can now get full use of Solid Works!

Statistics
86369 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.