Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: A MESSAGE for the AMD FIREPRO team(if any)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/07/2014 02:45 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/07/2014 02:45 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
majic12
Peon

Hello.I realy dont want to cause trouble and its not my thought to do so.Im very happy with my v8800 since almost 3 years now and never had a problem but i see this forum dedicated to the amd firepro and cant help to see that there isnt any help from the firepro team since probably 2 years.I see so many peope posting theur problems and cant help to see that there arent any replies from the amd technicians.I know that there is a email for tech support but than whay is this forum created than???People buy the expensive gpus and when time comes for help the forum is the fastest way to help the customer and it doesnt work...Im sure the way more overprised geforce quadros have more active forums.I think that AMD shoud try and make some oreder and guiadnce here if they realy want customers.I see people with even more expensive gpus than mine like the w9000 w8000 and since they have trusted you and bought the product they shoud and deserved to be suported to the end(not buy sending emails to tech support and wait for a few days for a answer and hope that its the right one and not have to ask again).

I realy like firepros.They performe good in 3d and in games(in mycase the unreal engine which i use).Im writing here becouse in hope that this forum will get the necesary ACTIVE help becouse if in the near future i upgrade my gpu and have a problem and dont get the necesary help in a forum like this you may lose a customer.I know that one person is nothing to a BIG corporation who likes to say that they care like the rest but with time one by one losing people will start to make you feel the numbers.Dont wait to the last moment.

I hope that this will help other people and it will help you with my critic.I surely hope that one night someone from the higher ups will read this and take a note and move the strings.And remember,there are lasy and untoughtful people even in big companies so its up to you to make your way to the top.I hope the right moves will be made from here on.

On the other hand if not a problem i woud realy like that amd coud try and woller their prices on firepros when they go out.The prices are better than nvidias quadro but still too high.Lets say for the next range of firepros and call them for example w12000 w11000 w1000.Normaly the firs one cost 3500-4000€ the second one 1500-1800€ and the third one 800-900€.

If you drop the prices with adleast 300-500€ depending on model more people will be interested in trying the crossfire pro which you advertise (yes there is only one video from amd on youtube and its old).I normaly buy the high end gpu like v8800 and in this case the w11000 if i have the money but lets say for a w11000 a more temting prise will be something like 1000€. for a launch prise.

And on the other hand a gpus like the v7800 v7900 w7000 are single slot gpus.The nex sucessor will probably be a single slot too.It is not a good idea.Its a expensive gpu.Make it double sloted + cooler.No one wants to have hot air exausted inside in his pc.It ruins stability and shortens the gpu card life and the company will have problems when people start to return gpus constantly befor the waranty is expired.Food for thought.

06/17/2014 05:18 PM

Author Icon
Emor
Peon

Originally posted by: majic12 ... i see this forum dedicated to the amd firepro and cant help to see that there isnt any help from the firepro team since probably 2 years.I see so many peope posting theur problems and cant help to see that there arent any replies from the amd technicians.

I agree 100%, majic12.

A quick tabulation shows that, in the first months of 2014 alone, 58 questions in the FirePro topic received 22,259 views, showing there are a lot of people out there looking for answers.

BUT: of those 58 questions, 36 of them received no replies whatsoever, the remaining 22 received a mere 57 replies, and most of those 22 questions replied to remained unanswered in the end.

These are atrocious statistics for a high-end tech manufacturer, many if not most of whom schedule tech employees to drop in a few times a week to reply to such queries...especially when they pertain to their high-end lines of gear.

In AMD's defense, I will say that their phone support has been quite good.
But forums such as this one are SUPPOSED to be a way for companies to SAVE money on support issues, since AMD support techs' solutions to users' problems can be researched and accessed by many, rather than handled one-by-one on the phone.

I hope AMD wakes up and assigns some of their support technicians to these forums!

06/17/2014 05:41 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

I think you two should wake up. This is a user-to-user gaming forum. Sorry if you have recieved no input from other FirePro users...but maybe nobody has your issue and have nothing to add. There is a thing called AMD ISSUE REPORT FORM that goes straight to AMD technical. That is where you tell AMD what your problem is. There are no 'technicians' that frequent this GAMING forum.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

*  Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati *

06/18/2014 10:28 PM

Author Icon
Emor
Peon

Sorry, Stumped, but the FirePro cards are not designed as GAMING cards, and the forum for those cards is not a GAMING forum. The gaming forum can be found here.
The entire forum area is titled "AMD Support and Game"(as an addendum), and this specific FirePro subforum is in an "AMD Products" area covering chipsets, memory and other such NON-GAMING-SPECIFIC technology.

Both majic12 and I are very aware that there are no AMD support technicians frequenting this forum, that was our entire point.

Neither of us were whining that our own personal questions had not been addressed; we were writing in the interests of ALL the thousands of FirePro owners that had come here looking for answers...but finding few, if any - unlike the very active GAMING forum cited above.

You cannot dispute the dismal statistics I cited, which are fairly unique among forums for high-end ($$$) products. In the case of such fora at other companies, technicians are very often assigned to visit daily or a few times a week to help out.

Edited: 06/18/2014 at 10:51 PM by Emor
 06/19/2014 12:05 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Why don't you pick up the phone and ask ?

Technical Support Phone Numbers

North America - United States & Canada:

Tel: 877-284-1566 (Toll Free)
FirePro, FireGL and FireMV Support by Telephone: 866-284-2093 (Toll Free – English only)
Monday - Friday: 9:00AM - 5?:00PM EST?

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

06/21/2014 11:37 PM

Author Icon
Emor
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped
Why don't you pick up the phone and ask ?

Stumped, I'm pretty sure you haven't actually been reading the messages that you seem to want to argue about.
My first message in this thread contained the sentence:
"In AMD's defense, I will say that their phone support has been quite good."

And that sentence would indicate to most people that I already have picked up the phone and asked.

You repeatedly want to insist that majic12 and I have been writing to whine about our own issues, ignoring my message to you that this is not our point. Our message is that the FirePro forum has such dismal statistics that it's almost useless in its current state of operation.

You continue to completely ignore the statistics I posted. If every one of the people contributing to the last 6 months' 22,259 views searching for info on the FirePro topic had taken your advice to call tech support, they would have cost AMD many thousands of dollars. Instead, knowledgable techs could have been posting authoritative answers that could have been seen and applied hundreds or thousands of times, saving the company untold $$$ in support costs replying to the same redundant questions over and over.
This is the lesson that many many other tech-oriented companies have applied over the years.

06/21/2014 11:50 PM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Tell that to AMD. We don't get too many Firepro users here on the gaming forum. Or, you might ask your questions on the Firepro developers forum.

06/22/2014 05:03 AM

Author Icon
Emor
Peon

Originally posted by: stumped
We don't get too many Firepro users here on the gaming forum.

You are once again ignoring the facts, Stumped.

First, this is not a "gaming forum" as you repeatedly claim. As I said in my second post in this thread:
"The entire forum area is titled "AMD Support and Game"(as an addendum), and this specific FirePro subforum is in an "AMD Products" area covering chipsets, memory and other such NON-GAMING-SPECIFIC technology. The gaming forum can be found here."

You apparently think that all AMD Chipsets, AMD Memory, AMD Processors and so on and so on are all GAMING technology only, therefore their respective forums areas are also gaming forums. They are not, and this entire forum area is not even close to qualifying as a predominantly "gaming forum"...nor is it defined as such.

You apparently think that well over 22,000 views in less than 6 months in this FirePro forum is "not too many Firepro users".
Do you think gamers who don't even own FirePro cards are racking up those views?
Do you think gamers are going out and snapping up thousands of FirePro cards?

06/22/2014 08:18 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Hey..." A MESSAGE for the AMD FIREPRO team(if any)" sounds to me like you have something to say to them . I gave you three ways to do it.

Good luck

Statistics
87541 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.