Topic Title: AMD FirePro V7900 / Driver problem / Win7 64 ultimate/ will not recognize driver
Topic Summary: Win7 64 ultimate/ will not recognize video ard driver
Created On: 08/19/2014 05:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/19/2014 05:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WDC
Peon

After installing the V7900 card into my desktop, I have downloaded Catalyst Drivers and Software a number of times both by selecting the proper driver for my system and by using AMD Driver Autodetect Tool. The file that autodetect selects and installs is "AMD-Catalyst-14.7-RC3-Windows-Aug12."

Despite a number of installs and uninstalls. I cannot get my Device Manager to recognize the card and will only show standard VGA Graphics Adapter/ Location: PCI Bus 1 (location of the V7900).

After hours of research I have found a number of post reporting this problem but I have not found a solid solution, at least one networks on my system.

I have uninstalled a number of different ways trying to ensure that the files are completely deleted, including using autodetect that gives you an option to uninstall ALL AMD drivers. One interesting note is that you use AMD Catalyst Install Manager and select custom uninstalled it will show you what is installed on the computer, which includes the following:

AMD APP SDK Runtime/  10.0.923.1/90.0MB

HDMI Audio Driver/ 7.12.0.7718/1.0MB (this driver is shown in the device manager "AMD high definition audio device"

HydraVision/ 4.2.252.0/6.0MB

>

I am assuming that one of these contains the video card driver

>

Lastly, I have attempted to install the card on two different computers (basically the same system components)  with the same results on both computers.

> >

OS Name             Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version                6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description     Not Available

OS Manufacturer             Microsoft Corporation

System Name    OFFICEDESKTOP

System Manufacturer    System manufacturer

System Model   P5Q DELUXE

System Type      x64-based PC

Processor            Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8500  @ 3.16GHz, 3166 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date          American Megatrends Inc. 0704, 6/13/2008

SMBIOS Version               2.5

Windows Directory         C:\Windows

System Directory             C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device        \Device\HarddiskVolume2

Locale   United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer        Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name         OfficeDesktop\Office Desktop

Time Zone           Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)             Not Available

Total Physical Memory  8.00 GB

Available Physical Memory          5.33 GB

Total Virtual Memory     16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory             13.0 GB

Page File Space 8.00 GB

Page File              C:\pagefile.sys

> >

Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem would be greatly appreciated.  I purchased two AD V7900 cards hoping to enhance Adobe Premier Pro video rendering and Adobe After Effects

Edited: 08/20/2014 at 11:44 AM by WDC
 08/20/2014 11:21 AM

Author Icon
WDC
Peon

This problem has been resolved by using the following methods:

·         uninstalling as outlined in the following post: http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=454&threadid=167211&enterthread=y using the auto detect/uninstall option.  

·         Deleting any and all AMD files located in C:/AMD, that  ironically were still there, even after an uninstall.  

• After performing both of the above. I checked the following "Sort the entries by, "Public Key Token" Locate entries with the public key token, "90ba9c70f846762e" and no file was found>>

·         I've been cleaned/deleted all of my caches and rebooted the computer

·         Disabled Norton 360 before attempting a reinstall

·         I did not use the AMD drive auto detect feature as it failed numerous times.  Instead, I manually selected the driver using the following link; http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/certified

> >

And all of my previous attempts the problem I was experiencing was: Installation completes, but only installs Catalyst Install Manager and HD Audio drivers.

Edited: 08/20/2014 at 01:10 PM by WDC
 08/22/2014 09:08 AM

Author Icon
Farhad@AMD
Buffed

Autodetect tool does not work for FirePro cards.

1. Uninstall AMD drivers thru Control Panel and reboot
2. Install 13.352.1014 from http://www2.ati.com/drivers/firepro/13.352.1014-winx32x64-retail_end_user.exe

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

Statistics
86515 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.