Topic Title: Catalyst 13.8 Beta 2 for Linux x86_64 - download Link does not work
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/21/2013 07:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/21/2013 07:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
kitsab
Peon

Hello,

the downloadlink: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.zip gives me a zero bytes file.I tried to download the 13.8 beta 2 driver a several times but always its a zero byte file.

Selection: Desktop graphic - Radeon HD series - 6XXX card - Linux x86_64

Please fix the file.

br

Kitsab

08/21/2013 09:34 AM

Author Icon
Marc@AMD
Forum Moderator

I just tested the file downloaded from the website below.  It downloaded without fault.  117mb.

Webpage: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-8LINBetaDriver.aspx 

;Marc

-------------------------

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.

08/21/2013 01:34 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

While the usual "Clear your cache" answer is overused for website issues, it definitely helps when you're unable to download the drivers from our site. If you delete the incomplete download, clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files and the issue persists, try contacting your Internet Service Provider to determine why the connection to our server isn't working normally.

AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
 08/21/2013 03:47 PM

Author Icon
kitsab
Peon

Hello,

now I tried to download the file with Google Chrome and Firefox browser, in both browsers I deleted history and cache files. I tried it from two different computers.

And I also tried to download the file with terminal:

wget -c http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.zip

The direct link to the file does not work for the beta 2 driver.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.zip

But the link to the prior driver 13.8 Beta 1 works if I manually modify the link to:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-13.8-beta1-linux-x86.x86_64.zip

I'm using AMD driver download since a few years. I don't think it is an issue of my provider. I tried a few other driver downloads.. Any other download from the AMD servers work.

The issue is always the same, the download finishes instandly creating a 0 byte File called: amd-catalyst-13.8-beta2-linux-x86.x86_64.zip

br

Kitsab

08/21/2013 08:38 PM

Author Icon
zaregis
Peon

Same here, I get an empty file. I tried with 3 different browsers.

08/22/2013 02:47 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

It's odd, since both worked for me here (just tested again to verify), though the files aren't on the same server that I am, but technically the same network. Are you in North/South America, or overseas?

Zaregis, can you get the beta1 link above, and not the beta2, or are both not working for you?

AMD Customer Care

08/22/2013 06:07 PM

Author Icon
kitsab
Peon

Hallo,

the issue is still there, i tried it now on a serveral different times. Everytime the same result.

I'm located in Germany.

Accessing the internet by provider "Kabel BW" - local cable TV provider (not a phone line).

br

Kitsab

08/22/2013 08:22 PM

Author Icon
zaregis
Peon

Sorry for late reply. I can download beta 1, but still can't download beta 2. I'm in Bosnia.

08/23/2013 04:01 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

It's interesting that you are both in Europe with the same issue, but that might have a role to play. Just for fun, is http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.8_mobility_beta2.exe also not possible, or does it come up just fine?

AMD Customer Care

08/23/2013 08:28 PM

Author Icon
zaregis
Peon

Sure, Windows links always work

08/24/2013 09:07 AM

Author Icon
kitsab
Peon

The windows driver link also works for me, but I don't use MS products ^^

08/28/2013 03:51 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

That makes it more interesting for sure. I'll make sure to pass it on to the server team to see what could possibly be happening here.

AMD Customer Care

08/29/2013 03:33 PM

Author Icon
kitsab
Peon

Hallo,

just a few moments ago I tried it again, and this time the download is working. Have you done anything to fix the problem.

br

Kitsab

08/29/2013 04:45 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

We mentioned it to the server team, but they didn't get back to us with any status update, or whether it was internal or external. At least it's working, that's what matters.

AMD Customer Care

Statistics
88853 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.