Trying to build this on Debian 7.4 with a 3.2.0-4 kernel and using the 14.2 beta which actually unpacks as 13.35.1005. After following your directions, the last step
./ati-installer.sh 13.35.1005 --install
I still get (bad exit status 1) from the module build. Unfortunately that is all it tells me in the log file as well. The issue with iommu is gone but something is still wrong and appears to be DKMS failure.
I was able to use the default Debian fglrx package on my older HD5450 wihtout incident. I have been trying to compile my own becasue of an upgrade to the Sapphire R7 260X.
Update: Gindek's fix does work for the compile if you have a space between #ifdef and IOMMUV2_SUPPORT. Sheesh!
After a successful compile I don't even get to login screen. It just goes black and I'm done.
- Sapphire R7 260X 2G GDDR% PCI-E no over clocking
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- 14.2-betav1.3 (ATI Installer actually says 13.35.1005)
- Debian Wheezy 7.4 32 bit, fresh install
- initially installed the R7 in my system and performed a fresh install of Debian. Everything went fine up until I attempted a login after the install was complete. This was Gnome desktop login. The screen goes black for a minute or so and then a terminal icon pops up with the message "Oops, something has gone wrong!" Contact a system adminstrator.
-this same install works just fine with an older HD5450 1GB adapter in the same slot.
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- ASUS M4A785-M no overclocking
Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used
- ASUS 24in 1920 x 1080
Applications and Games
- AMD Athlon II X2 255 Processor 3100MHz
Motherboard BIOS Version
- AMI v02.61
System Memory Type & Amount
- 4GB kingston hyperX PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz
- WD Black 1TB Sata II drive
-not having issues with the system only building and installing the catalyst drivers. Here is the output from the fglrx-install.log
Supported adapter detected.
Detected a previous installation, /usr/share/ati/amd-uninstall.sh
Dryrun uninstall succeeded continuing with installation.
Check if system has the tools required for installation.
Uninstalling any previously installed drivers.
Forcing uninstall of AMD Catalyst(TM) Proprietary Driver.
No integrity verification is done.
restore of system environment completed
Errors during DKMS module removal
Uninstall fglrx driver complete.
For detailed log of uninstall, please see /etc/ati/fglrx-uninstall.log
System must be rebooted to avoid system instability and potential data loss.
/usr/share/ati/amd-uninstall.sh completed with 0
Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/13.35.1005/source ->
DKMS: add completed.
Kernel preparation unnecessary for this kernel. Skipping...
cleaning build area....
cd /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/13.35.1005/build; sh make.sh --nohints --uname_r=3.2.0-4-686-pae --norootcheck.....(bad exit status: 1)
[Error] Kernel Module : Failed to build fglrx-13.35.1005 with DKMS
[Error] Kernel Module : Removing fglrx-13.35.1005 from DKMS
Deleting module version: 13.35.1005
completely from the DKMS tree.
[Reboot] Kernel Module : update-initramfs
03:46 PM by