Topic Title: Kubuntu 12.04 Login After Catalyst 13.12
Topic Summary: Unable to login to Kubuntu 12.04 after upgrading to Catalyst 13.12
Created On: 02/07/2014 06:37 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/07/2014 06:37 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
WebNurse
Peon

I have an ASUS notebook AMD Phenom II 4 cores P920 1.6G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730 which dual boots Kubuntu 12.04 and Win 7. Kubuntu was configured for auto login. I updated Kubuntu video to 13.12 and the install appeared to go well. Rebooted, see the kinda cogwheel and loading icons fading in. Then it jumps to a login screen.

Kubuntu was previously set for auto-login so this screen should not appear. But, entering my user name and password does not get me in. After entering the ID, PW and hitting enter the screen goes briefly to the loading icon fade-in It then goes quickly to a terminal which has some text. The screen then goes back to the login. There are just a few lines of text, but terminal is not open long enough to read anything.

The login screen does offer an option to go to a console. There I can sudo. Any idea what ID and PW to use from the graphical screen since mine does not work there? Any way to bypass the login screen?

Statistics
80954 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.