Topic Title: A10-7850K + R9 290X Xorg multi monitor problem
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/19/2014 04:47 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/19/2014 04:47 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
yurtesen
Peon

Hello,

I want to run OpenCL programs on A10-7850K + R9 290X so I have installed a monitor on both of them. However in Ubuntu I see that this setup does not support multi monitor, it only supports multi-desktop. Is there a solution to this problem or this is a bug?

Thanks!

03/24/2014 08:13 PM

Author Icon
terryc
Peon

Excuse my ignrance here.

These are two different video cards?

Have you tried the "AMD Catakyst control center" ?

Generally speaking, there seems to be two methods of multiple monitors, xorg.conf, or xrandr.

You should be able to find plenty of examples of dual monitor xorg.conf around by web searching. the only problem I've ever had is to have to occassionally go back a bit and give full specs of an older monitor.

You might have to pop a terminal to run xrandr which will end up being ust a one line configurator. the catch for my card was that the two displays were called DF6 & DFP7, so the invokder was something like(vague memory)

xrandr -dsiplay(?) DFP7 right-of -display DFP6.

03/26/2014 02:09 PM

Author Icon
yurtesen
Peon

Yes, one is integrated and other one is discrete card. The catalyst control center shows multi-desktop, not single desktop multi-monitor option and that is the problem. I think it should be possible to use 2 cards at the same time, at least it works in windows fine. But not with xorg. The problem is not multi-monitor setup, it is multi-monitor with multiple cards.

Statistics
85703 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.