- AMD HD5650 mobility
AMD Catalyst Driver Version, and Driver History
- Linux x64 14.6 (beta), 14.4, 14.3
- Ubuntu 14.04 x64
There are a lot of visual artifacts in the display.
1. Start a ParaView server and ParaView
mpirun -np 2 pvserver
2. Configure ParaView to always use remote server render.
Edit > Settings > RenderView
Under server settings, (this moves around a bit from the different versions of ParaView), change Remote Server Rendering data size to 0 MB
3. Configure a remote server for ParaView to connect to.
File > Connect
Choose "Add Server", set ServerType to Client/Server, and use the host/port information starting the pvserver gave (defaults should be fine usually)
4. Add a simple source to visualize
Sources > Wavelet
Click Apply in the left pane
5. Change to a surface representation, and change from drawing a "Solid Color" to "RTData" (both found in the toolbar)
You can use the left mouse button to rotate the scene and notice the aweful compositing in the main ParaView window
(screenshots attached of the correct and bad results)
Motherboard or System Make & Model
- Acer Aspire 5740G
Applications and Games
- ParaView git master (3219db0a12dcd2156dd2bba3ef09ed8c2e604b83), 4.1, and 4.0
- openmpi 1.6
- I suspect it is an issue with the AMD proprietary drivers and not ParaView because the open source xorg ati wrapper driver works as expected.
05:21 AM by