Topic Title: need upgrade advise on Graphics and processor for a P5KPL-AM SE board
Topic Summary: Upgrade Advice
Created On: 10/11/2013 12:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/11/2013 12:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
neroztatek
Peon

i have a P5KPL-AM SE board and running with a HD4350 silent graphics card in pcie16 slot. i have 2 other slots a pcie x 1 and a small pci slot.

I must be honest and dont know much about the new hardware and what graphics cards can be used and if the 2 unused slots can be used at all.

i want to get a graphics card that will run on my vista 64bit home premium sp2 and directx 11. the card i have says it works but i have been told otherwise by EA support while trying to run battelfied 4 beta 64bit.

i have latest drivers installed and even tried beta driver but still cant get any place. 

so first question is my old card directx11 compatible.

what can i upgrade to that will not be a great cost but good enough to play these games.

if i upgrade can the old card be used in one of the otherslots and crossfire be used as i think it is crossfire capable. again i am not very good at this knowledge wise.

i am running on a intel duel core 2.6 overclocked to 3.3ghz. lga775

is there a better and again not to costly processor i can get without needing to buy a new motherboard. my operating system is tied to this board and if i was to do a complete upgrade i would also need a new operating system and new memory as this is currently 2 x 2gb DDR2 800hz

please can you advise. most important thing is graphics card that is compatible with my windows vista 64bit and directx11 compatible. wndows installed directx11 and now my card is showing errors on other games. can not undo directx11 as now part of sp2 windows.

Nero.

Statistics
84136 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.