Topic Title: Second card installation and crossfire questions
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/10/2013 08:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/10/2013 08:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
EternalKnight001
Peon

Good day everyone. When I originally built this computer I didn't realize that the motherboard wasn't quite as large as I thought it was, and my 6850 took up so much space that I couldn't install a second one because it's just barely blocking enough of the second card slot that the second card won't fit. Recently I was told about something called a riser, which apparently is a flexible cable that supposedly would connect one end to the graphics card and the other to the motherboard and would let me install the second 6850 in a lower part of the computer. My desire is to crossfire the two cards together since I've been told it significantly boosts performance, but before I try to do this I wanted to firstly ask if using a riser would in fact let me install the secondary card in this manner, and secondly whether I would still be able to crossfire the cards if I did. I haven't used two video cards before so I'm trying to be careful and get this right.

Statistics
84249 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.