Topic Title: Kaveri build
Topic Summary: A10-7850K w/ R9 290x dedicated GPU running games that support Mantle and HSA
Created On: 02/27/2014 11:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/27/2014 11:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Mantis_Fist
Peon

I understand that the flagship cpu can crossfire with a R7 240/250 only, or work with a dGPU like an R9 290 as demonstrated in this youtube vid (it looks incredible).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0_6RbCHA4

My question is, when the apu is working with a dedicated gpu, would the gpu portion of the apu be recognizable by software that's programmed for multicore support?

My main interest is to play just 2 games in 2014/2015 - Battlefield 4 and Star Citizen - both with multicore support, BF4 does well with 4 streams however I've learned that Star Citizen is being developed to utilise 6 streams in the game engine.  I will try to contact the software developers regarding this same question...    but I thought maybe someone at AMD could make things more clear for me.  I'm impressed with the FX series and know one of those would work very well with those two titles, however I'd prefer to have a future proofed dedicated gaming box in mATX, and in the roadmap, the next gen of kaveri looks very promising.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Edited: 02/27/2014 at 11:51 PM by Mantis_Fist
Statistics
84831 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.