Topic Title: HydraVision Multi Desktop unintuitive.
Topic Summary: Are other people having difficutly using this feature?
Created On: 09/05/2013 10:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2013 10:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Maxxon
Peon

I've used multi desktops before and shifting a window from one desktop ton another is usually as easy as either (in order of easiest to most cumbersome):

1. Dragging to the edge of the desktop, which would move to another desktop dragging the window along for the ride.
  2. Hotkey would allow for not just switching desktop but would drag the current window as well to that destkop.
  3. Right clicking on the window's title bar or another button on the title bar would show a menu indicating which desktop to put the window.
  4. An icon in the system tray would show what windows are on which desktops and would allow for dragging to another desktop or would cascade to what desktop to move it to.

From what I can see, I have to open the Catalyst Control Center and then go to Virtual Desktops check what window(s) I want to move, and then select the desktop I want it on.  Or I highlight a single window in the list (instead of clicking on the checkboxes) and select a desktop to move it to and then click the Move to button.

Holy Cr*p batman!  Could this be any more convoluted?  I got this info from the help file that was installed on my computer (C:\ProgramData\ATI\ACE\Help\en-US\cot1192645919856.html)

Is there any eaiser way to move a window from one destkop to another?

Also, somehow I sometimes get a window stuck to multiple desktops but not all (which is cool sometimes) but I can't figure out how this is done.  Is this a bug or a feature?

One final thing.  Are windows attached to processes running as admin forced to be on all desktops?  That's what I am finding.

Thanks,

Maxx

EDIT: FYI, Catalyst Control Center v2010.1207.2145.38954.  I don't see a version for HydraVision.  My hardware is an ATI FirePro 2270 512 MB.  My OS is Win7 Pro SP1

If you need more information, please feel free to ask.

-------------------------

Edited: 09/05/2013 at 11:52 AM by Maxxon
Statistics
84644 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.