Topic Title: Sound drivers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/19/2013 09:14 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/19/2013 09:14 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Duchess11
Peon

Sorry my other post was removed due to duplicate accounts (unknown to me)

Anyway, I am trying to fix an issue with my sound.  Sometimes when I play a video or music, no sound comes out of the speakers.  I have tried other speakers and it does the same thing which tells me it's not the speakers.  I have to physically unplug/replug the cord from the back of the computer and then sound will come from the speakers. I was told that it may be out of date drivers, but I don't know which card I have exactly I know it says AMD in the device manager.  Here is the info from there:

AMD High Definition Audio
Driver Date: 03/01/2013
Driver Version: 7.12.0.7714

There is also another sound device listed.  Here is the info for that one:

VIA High Definition Audio
Driver Date: 05/14/2012
Driver Version: 6.0.1.10500

Again, I am sorry about being vague, but I really am not sure about what I need to do.  I really appreciate any help.

Thank you 

09/20/2013 10:18 AM

Author Icon
Duchess11
Peon

So noone has any advice?  

09/27/2013 08:15 AM

Author Icon
Zuluknob
Peon

Device Manager will tell you what series card you have installed under Display Adapters

09/27/2013 11:11 AM

Author Icon
Duchess11
Peon

Yes.  That's where I got the above info from.

09/27/2013 03:53 PM

Author Icon
Kent@AMD
Grinding Levels

AMD High Definition Audio - the controller for the audio outputs via HDMI or DisplayPort, on the Radeon card

Via High Definition Audio - the controller for the audio outputs via HDMI or DisplayPort, on the motherboard

Neither of those is your sound card, they're just to control audio from HDMI or DisplayPort outputs, not the speaker jack. For drivers, go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and locate your exact motherboard, so that you can download the drivers for the integrated Audio card on your board, since both of those Audio devices are exclusively HDMI/DisplayPort.

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied.
Statistics
85397 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.