Topic Title: Three of four drives were dropped from the RAID 5 group, how to reassign to the group?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/24/2013 10:57 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/24/2013 10:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
lymem
Peon

I had 3 of the 4 RAID 5 drives in my home server raid group go offline due to my PSU starting to die. I've replaced the PSU but now those drives do not show as part of the raid group, and I have not been able to find a way to add them back so I can recover the data.

The drives are fine and it was simply a case of plugging in/removing the drives during the identifying that the drives were fine and the psu was dead that seemed to do it.

The program freeraidrecovery.com gave the following information

This is a plain-text general description of the reconstructed array layout.

The array type is RAID5.
The array consists of 4 disks.

The disks are ordered as follows:
#00: Missing disk, to be reconstructed using RAID5 redundancy
#01: Disk 3 - WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0, Serial number WMAZA4652359, \\.\PhysicalDrive3
#02: Disk 1 - WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0, Serial number WCAZAC873744, \\.\PhysicalDrive1
#03: Disk 2 - WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0, Serial number WCAZAC877534, \\.\PhysicalDrive2

Block size is 64.0 KB , same as 128 sectors.
The data starts at sector (LBA) 0 (this is often called "offset" or "start offset").
Array layout is Left (same as Backward), Asynchronous (same as Asymmetric or Checkerboard).
Parity starts at the rightmost column.
Generated by ReclaiMe Free RAID Recovery build 1204, www.FreeRaidRecovery.com

And screenshots of AMD RAIDXpert:

Statistics
84882 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.