Topic Title: Legacy driver problems (HD4000)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/14/2014 10:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/14/2014 10:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Paku
Peon

So I have a HD4670 running on Windows 7 x64, and irritatingly enough it got moved to the Legacy driver very quickly making everything related to drivers a pain in the backside.

Anyway I was running the 13.1 Legacy drivers when I noticed the Image scaling for low resolutions refused to stick. Basically you would lower the resolution, the previously greyed out Image scaling option would then become active and you could set it to for example "Maintain aspect ratio". But when you changed back to 1080p the Image scaling was reset to stretch making it impossible to play older games.

So I noticed there was a newer 13.9 Legacy driver so I hoped upgrading would help, but not only did it do nothing for the scaling, but it removed the Video settings tab from CCC entirely! WTF?! This wouldn't be so bad if they didn't set the CCC settings to use disgusting noise reduction, sharpening and other processing by default. One thing's for sure, I will never again buy AMD, I've had nothing but problems with the drivers from day 1, and every driver update seems to break more than it fixes.

Anyway my question is does anyone know how to fix the Image scaling thing in the 13.1 drivers (perhaps some registry setting or something?) Alternatively where I can find trustworthy downloads of the slightly older Legacy drivers (maybe later 12.X). I've tried searching and there are some resources for older AMD drivers, the problem is that they are all for the main product line and not the Legacy drivers.

Thanks.

Statistics
80950 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.