Topic Title: AMD Overdrive issue
Topic Summary: Board Status not displayed correctly.
Created On: 03/29/2014 11:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/29/2014 11:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

Sorry if this has been covered, did a search for AMD Overdrive and found 4 topic, none dealing with this.

[quote]System Specs:

• Motherboard: Gigabyte F2A75M-D3H bios F5
  • CPU: A10-5800K
  • RAM: 2x4GB Crucial Technologies BLS4G3D1339DS1S00
  • GPU: ATI 7850 2GB
  • SSD: 2x32GB(Raid0) 
  • PSU: Corsair CX750
[/quote]
This is what AMD OVERDRIVE shows for Board Status:
And this is what it is supposed to show according to the GUIDE:
I reinstalled EasyTune 6, Catalyst Drivers and AMD Overdrive and nothing changed.
I found this out because I was helping another user that has an:
  • AMD FX-8130
  • ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 LE R2.0
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Sp1
  • Nvidia GPU
Setup and they also have this problem.
So, what I do know is that the problem is not specific to the:
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • OS
  • GPU type

03/29/2014 06:09 PM

Author Icon
Dark Fief
Peon

I have the same issue with my laptop. It seems to me,  you do not have the bios listed...I bet you money it is locked. You could try a Sea Moss reset and redo EEEEEverything. But I dont think Its worth it.

-------------------------

pffft Asus OEM, M51-BC
fx-8300 3.3-4.2ghz swapped HS w/ fx-6350
12gb ram
evga 760 gtx 2gb
92mm Noctua exhaust (rear) 92mm Delta 92 mm pull front bott
120m CA120 white led (wall pull)
92 Delta mm fr bot pull (ghetto holes drilt frt case) SS Pro SSD 128gb Win 8

03/29/2014 06:42 PM

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

Originally posted by: Dark Fief I have the same issue with my laptop. It seems to me,  you do not have the bios listed...I bet you money it is locked. You could try a Sea Moss reset and redo EEEEEverything. But I dont think Its worth it.

You may be correct, but as it stands right now, there are 3 of us with the same issue across 3 totally different machines.

Bios Version is listed in my System Specs.     (bios F5)

That would make is more likely a Software issue on the programming end.  

03/29/2014 06:50 PM

Author Icon
Dark Fief
Peon

My oem Asus motherboard which I didnt have room for, I will update is the same board you listed... I think it is the Eco though. The issue i beleive there is the 970 chipset... 990s dont have an overclocking problem. I have yet to see any OC other than my auto settings and i mess with it a lot!

pffft Asus OEM, M51-BC
12gb ram
evga 760 gtx 2gb

04/01/2014 11:23 PM

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

Update:  BIOS defaulting did not help.

04/01/2014 11:40 PM

Author Icon
Dark Fief
Peon

Here buddy use the temp monitoring software you are comfortable with... HWmonitor is easiest, open it first, then it you want to boost your Gpu, open it also. Last, open AOD and try the spauto tune feature. You do realize there is not another program you can use to OC the amd cpus. They are supposed to have compatible mobos and you will read in many places it need to be done there. I just got done "Un-Bricking" my laptop and I love that machine so much. 

They key to ur bricking was that i use amd ex-HDD and it randomly does back-ups. 

Amd cpus dont need to be clocked, and if you hear about the core Parker- to get a steady performance over all of the cores, I read if it is turned off... Disable means on first of all- but if it is on- the turbo boost wont work with more than 4 cores. 

Have to OC in bios... I have accepted it finally after rebounding a brick from half court!

pffft Asus OEM, M51-BC
12gb ram
evga 760 gtx 2gb

04/02/2014 08:46 AM

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

Well, I thank you for hte interest in getting my machine OC'ed, but the problem is not OCing.

I have multiple options available in the BIOS for OCing, I can use the EasyTune6 without issue within Windows, I can even use other sections of AMD Overdrive without a problem.

The problem here is that the AMD Overdrive is not working as intended and shown.

If all we do is go for work arounds and never tell the developers that problem, or even get them to respond of their own forums, then we never get things fixed.

Now, If this were just my system, I would have the problem.  But since it is multiple systems, it is not my problem but a programming problem.

Again, Thank you. But I am not trying to OC my system, I am trying to get the VOLTAGES to display correctly within this box. I do not have a BRICKED or LOCKED system.

I can easily use CPUID HWMonitor, but then I am running 2 programs to do what 1 was designed to do.

05/19/2014 11:58 PM

Author Icon
bobbyrae
Peon

I have the same issues and I have been to other forums where folks are making this complaint.  The temps just don't make sense and nothing at all is shown for fan speeds.

My take on it is that AMD overdrive is still in development and what we have is a beta, or maybe even an alpha, release.

Also, it is surprisingly hard to find software that can get the temps and fan speeds on my system, so I wonder if it something that just 'falls through the cracks". Instead of having standard function calls that will get this info on any board, it's different and tricky for each brand.

And if we keep bringing it up, they might get serious about it!

05/20/2014 12:09 AM

Author Icon
stumped
Wizard

Originally posted by: bobbyrae I have the same issues and I have been to other forums where folks are making this complaint.  The temps just don't make sense and nothing at all is shown for fan speeds.

My take on it is that AMD overdrive is still in development and what we have is a beta, or maybe even an alpha, release.

Also, it is surprisingly hard to find software that can get the temps and fan speeds on my system, so I wonder if it something that just 'falls through the cracks". Instead of having standard function calls that will get this info on any board, it's different and tricky for each brand.

And if we keep bringing it up, they might get serious about it!

quote: And if we keep bringing it up, they might get serious about it!

Not if you don't report it to AMD. Bringing it up and up and up in a peer-to-peer gaming forum is not going to get anything looked at. Use the issue reporting form. As far as temps go, here is a post.

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit ** Toshiba P75-A7200 * Intel I7-4700MQ * Windows 8.1 64bit

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

05/20/2014 08:39 AM

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

Just an Update.....From an Email April 10th

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200585203]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your the information.

I was able to reproduce the issue that you described in your screenshots, and I informed the Catalyst bug report coordinator and the AMD forum moderator. 

The forum link you provided will be updated once there is an update.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply directly to this e-mail and I will try to provide any other information that you may require. Thank you for contacting AMD!

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

But I would have expected someone to have tagged on here to let everyone know that the problem is being worked on.

There was also a followup email for a Customer Service Poll.  I could not complete the poll because it assumed that the problem was fixed.

So, if a CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE ever finds time to read these forums and even update this thread with a fix, please resend the CSP email.

Edited: 05/20/2014 at 08:49 AM by Greybear
 06/21/2014 08:56 PM

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

1 Month since my last update.  Thats 1 month without any contact from AMD about the progress on this topic as well.

07/28/2014 08:46 AM

Author Icon
Greybear
Peon

Just another update.  Been over a month since last update and there has been no update to the program. version 4.3.1

Appears pretty sure that they HYPE features and software for their hardware, but lack the follow through to ensure it works and lack the committment to fix issues.

Statistics
84661 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.