Topic Title: AMD Gaming evolved - spamware
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/22/2014 01:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/22/2014 01:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gliknes
Peon

Many software companies try to push/bundle software and utilities that I do not need.

Java always tries to get me to install the ASK toolbar, Microsoft try to get me to use IE and Bing etc. It annoys me, and makes me want to ban them, but at least they give me an option to not install or use the spamware.

AMD for some strange reason lures me to install some crap called AMD gaming evolved which I no not need AT ALL.

It starts on start up, it has an extremely anoying splash screen with no close buton, it hides itself in the uninstall list by it cryptic name raptr and it do not do anything I need. It just makes me want to get a hammer and smash my laptop screen every time I restart and gets the stupid splash screen in my face. Even the uninstall (when you find it - thanks to google) is annoying as it starts your browser to open an extensive feedback form which they expect you to fill in...

Unfortunately I cannot ban Microsoft or Java as I need their software, but LUCKILY I CAN ban AMD, and I have hereby done so.

My store offers me a 30 days free return of the PC - no questions asked. I will use it and I will NEVER again buy a PC with any AMD product inside.

05/22/2014 03:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
black_zion
80 Column Mind

Uh, ok? Enjoy Norton and all the other things which are preinstalled on laptops.

-------------------------
AMD FX-8350 w/ Corsair H105, ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Gen3/R2, 8GiB G.SKILL DDR3-2133, XFX HD 7970, 512GB Vertex 4, 256GB Vector, 240GB Agility 3, Creative X-Fi Titanium w/ Creative Gigaworks S750, SeaSonic X750, Corsair C70, HP ZR2440w, Win 7 Ultimate x64
Statistics
87536 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.