Topic Title: RAIDXpert2
Topic Summary: Problem with SSD?
Created On: 06/03/2014 06:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/03/2014 06:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MillerGD
Peon

I just installed a GA-F2A88X-UP MB and built a RAID 1 using Crucial M550 SSD disk. I also have another RAID 1 using SATA III disk.

I installed the RAIDXpert2 software from the disk that came with the MB. When running the RAIDXper2 software and entering the default credentiol, I am force to create new credentails but upon doing so, I get the following:

• 'License Level 0 - No RAID(does not support RAIDXpert2)'

It is as if the software does not see the storage controller on my system.

Anyone have any ideas?

07/03/2014 09:01 PM

Author Icon
HurnII
Peon

Just got a new (ASROCK) AMD based CPU/Motherboard. Installed the RAID software.

Am getting exact same error going to localhost (local Apache) based RAID webpage.  Manual (pdf) says to use "admin" / "admin"  (without quotemarks) for default username/password.  Does not work - cannot click on "Submit" (option is not active).

Docs say to delete "rc_login.txt" file to reset password to default. While docs do not specify the location of this file, it does not appear to exist.

It's possible that this might be some odd conflict with other RAID hardware / software, as Hard Drive's copy of windows was not a clean install for this new motherboard.

Was any answer/solution found to this issue?  UEFU/BIOS based RAID setup sucks (Ctrl R doesn't work well).

Windows 7 pro (64 bit)

ASRock FM2A88X Extreme 6+ (Bolton)

AMD "A Series" A10-7850K (at stock speed)

Latest BIOS rev / UEFI Storage set to RAID / RAID 5

WIll try clean install to different HD to see if that makes a difference

07/04/2014 03:41 AM

Author Icon
HurnII
Peon

Turns out License Level is apparently determined by either the RAID BIOS or more likely by the existance of an array.

I ended up turning on RAID BIOS (even though I wasn't planning on booting from the array) so that I would be prompted to enter Ctrl R to get to the Array Setup UI.

Once there, I made my 3 member RAID 5 array, set the single SSD drive (in Legacy mode) as the higher Boot Priority, and was then able to even turn off RAID BIOS (it slows down the boot a bit).

Now, when I go to the GUI, I see "License Level 50 - RAIDXpert2 Plus" and the submit button is now active.

BTW - I later ran into a new problem - there a conflict between the apache httpd server and a VMWare Workstation service: they both try to Listen on port 443.  The first one there wins.

When VMWare is the winner, Apache won't even start - doesn't say why until you try running it manually.  Once I figured out it wasn't getting port 443 (knowing that it had, earlier in the evening), a quick trip to Resource Monitor showed the conflicting service.

Oh, last issue:  When installing RAIDXpert, if you have more than 1 drive letter, all of the Apache conf files default their paths to "E:/Program Files/RAID...".  This is strange, because they do that even when I only had 2 drive letters, C & D (Ramdisk on D). Once I killed the ramdisk and reinstalled, the files correctly pathed to C:/Program Files (x86)/RAID...

This (last issue) drove me nuts for about an hour.

Other thoughts:

Finally got a look at the GUI.  Wow - looks kinda crappy compared to the original RAIDXpert. Guess the functionality is similar, except RAIDXpert2 doesn't have the scheduling features (like, to do a scan once a week) that the original one had.  Nope.  Instead, RAIDXpert2 focuses on monetizing things, with it's 4 tiers of licensing.  Great. And there I was, hoping for a real feature, like the ability to view the SMART stats of RAID array members.  Silly me.

Statistics
88947 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.