Topic Title: AMD Quick Stream is defective
Topic Summary: Information on a flaw with AMD Quickstream software and HP Envy DV6 series laptops.
Created On: 06/13/2014 04:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/13/2014 04:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
austwalk
Peon

AMD Quick Stream causes some very bad network problems on all of my HP laptops. It would even when not running throttle my network connection(s) via Ethernet and Wifi. The software was not an open process and yet after removing completely via control panel add/remove programs my connection has stopped its throttle loop and returned to a constant 45.0 mbps down. This took place specifically on the HP Envy dv6 series notebooks and is something that should be investigated. Thank you for your time.

06/13/2014 08:45 PM

Author Icon
austwalk
Peon

bump ;-)

06/29/2014 04:27 AM

Author Icon
ShadeSchizo
Peon

It's true I had this problem and I just realised AMD Quick Stream was the cause. My internet bandwidth was limited from 200Mbps to only 6Mbps on both Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

09/11/2014 12:22 AM

Author Icon
Turkeysammich
Peon

It ddn't even give me an option to not install it when I updated my drivers, it forced it on me, and I forgot it was there.

It took me forever to find out why my internet was slow, after embarrassing myself, getting in direct contact with my ISP CEO President, accidently (don't ask) which got people from 5 states to call me, then they sent a poor guy out here in the dead of night, pitch black to climb the poles, all of which happened within 2 hours. Then on a whim I uninstalled AMD quick stream, and my internet went back to being perfect.

Edited: 09/11/2014 at 12:39 AM by Turkeysammich
 10/11/2014 08:16 PM

Author Icon
crazyinsane51
Peon

it took me forever to figure out this stupid software to. Don't feel bad...

AMD shouldn't even have it.

Statistics
88814 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.