Topic Title: Need help with laptop Graphics
Topic Summary: i think i have a the wrong software for my graphics cards
Created On: 09/07/2013 07:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/07/2013 07:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
ConfusedGamerMan
Peon

Hi!

im really new here and dont really know much about computers if im honest

the issue im having is that i'm trying to run a Minecraft (feed the beast ultimate modpack) Server and im having really bad perfemance, its jumpy and crashes 

not only this but when i try to install software from the AMD website, i use the auto detect hardware and it offers software to install, and then tells me it cant install it due to incompataibilty issues?

Any help would be really appreceated!

Im running:

Graphics Product [1] AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
Video Memory 4.0 GB
Graphics Product [2] AMD Radeon HD 6900M Series
Video Memory

1.7 GB

09/07/2013 08:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stumped
Stack Smasher

The AMD Mobility Radeon™ graphics driver supplied by the notebook manufacturer is customized for the built-in display and the features and functions specific to the notebook. It is recommended to use the drivers provided by the notebook manufacturer.

If installing an operating system other than the one currently supported by the notebook, the notebook may not meet all requirements. As such supported graphics drivers may not be available.

The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification Tool will display the following error if it fails to validate the graphics hardware. This is due to incompatible hardware/configuration in your notebook. Please contact the notebook manufacturer for assistance.

The AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification tool helps you determine your notebook’s compatibility with generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers. It helps to prevent incorrect installation on incompatible notebooks which may lead to disabled features or functionality.

If you experience difficulty while using the generic AMD Catalyst Mobility drivers, we recommend reverting to the driver provided by your notebook vendor. Please contact your notebook vendor for their most recent graphics drivers.

The following notebooks are not compatible:

Toshiba® notebooks
 Sony® VAIO® notebooks
 Panasonic® notebooks

Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics

NOTEBOOKS EQUIPPED WITH SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS MUST GET DRIVERS FROM LAPTOP MANUFACTURER.

(This is the sticky "Updating Mobility Drivers" )

Go to your laptop manufacturer and get the drivers designed for your model laptop.

-------------------------

Intel I7 960 @ 3.87ghz *Intel DX58SO *HIS HD6970 2gb *Corsair TX650M *2x4gb Corsair XMS3 *WD Black 1TB *Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit *Gateway HD2401 24" 2ms 1920x1200  ***Asus N71Jq laptop *Intel I7 720QM Processor *Mobility Radeon HD5730 1gb *8gb Ram *Windows 7 64bit  

* A clear conscience is usually a sign of bad memory *

Statistics
80979 users are registered to the AMD Support and Game forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.

FuseTalk Hosting Executive Plan v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.